Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shrinking an Akubra Fed TWO SIZES?

Shirley Films

New in Town
Think it would be possible (advisable) to try and shrink an Akubra Federation IV down two sizes? Just received a size 58 and even with the included foam, it is too big. If I stuff it with tissues AND foam, it fits about right.

I could return it, but it took 40 days to get here... and I just don't know what to do. Don't want to try and shrink it TOO much if it is going to fail... or distort the hat/felt.

If I DO try and shrink it... should I try water and heat on the sweatband(as recommended by the HatsDirect people - http://hatsdirect.com/help/size-adjust.html )? Or just the slow, old-fashioned, natural way (wearing it, sweating, occasional rain, etc).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SF

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I bought one at a book store (of all places) that had shrunk two sizes on its own. the felt held up but ow boy you ought to see the sweat band. I don't think I would go there if I were you.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

If it was a size larger I might go for it. I'd try the classified section here. You might get more on ebay, I don't know.

later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80