Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shrinking (HWT) a A2 HH Seal Brown from USAuthentic

kasa7

Familiar Face
So, I finally did the HWT to my HH A2 from US Manufactoring. Soaked 5 minutes in hot water (almost 160 ºF) I kept the cufs and waistband material dry, and 30 minutes in the dryer machine. Result: No shrinkage sinals, it fits exactly the same it did before. But after the Howard conditioner, the jacket became clean, more beautiful and the hide supple.

kasa7

Familiar Face
@Cocker - As promised:
Frente.jpg

On the Left: 03-2014
On the Right: 10-2017

Last edited:

kasa7

Familiar Face
The camera in 2014 was different, and the lighting conditions too, so the color of the pictures of yesterday (on the right side) is more realistic.
(The camera is better now :D )

Last edited:

kowalski

Practically Family
Jacket leather shrinking in hot water but what will happen with the zipper ? will be the same length unfortunately, and the ziper will be wavy it bothered me
After is problem with fastening /un jacket

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jacket leather shrinking in hot water but what will happen with the zipper ? will be the same length unfortunately, and the ziper will be wavy it bothered me
Kowalski,
I did the HWT on one of my A2 jackets and zipper waviness wasn't really noticeable, even though the jacket had shrunk quite a bit. The problem I experienced was with the knits. The waistband did not shrink, if anything it stretched, and it was loose and wavy afterwards. That bothered me every time I put it on so I had them replaced.

kasa7

Familiar Face
The zipper it's OK. I put some conditioner over it (because it have neatsfoot and coconut oil), and works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran