Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shutter Island

Artie

Suspended
It's a horror flick, something about a prison our insane asylum on a, you guessed it, island. My question is why did they ever stop making pant's like that. Those pant's Leo is wearing are perfect.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Terrible Movie - great clothes

Like so many films, style over substance. Mind you, Scorsese has not made a decent film in many years. The Departed is terrible (awful hammy performance by Nicholson which defaces the film much in the same way that a graffiti artist defaces public space.) The Aviator? God awful. Anyone with any knowledge of the real Howard Hughes was outraged. It was a Ron Howard film - turgid and uninspired. In fact Scorsese has become a Ron Howard type director -banal, comfortable, renderings of what should be interesting material. The clothing used in Scorsese films, is however, sublime.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Seb Lucas said:
Like so many films, style over substance. Mind you, Scorsese has not made a decent film in many years. The Departed is terrible (awful hammy performance by Nicholson which defaces the film much in the same way that a graffiti artist defaces public space.) The Aviator? God awful. Anyone with any knowledge of the real Howard Hughes was outraged. It was a Ron Howard film - turgid and uninspired. In fact Scorsese has become a Ron Howard type director -banal, comfortable, renderings of what should be interesting material. The clothing used in Scorsese films, is however, sublime.
I'm sorry, I can't let that stand. Gangs of New York was brilliant. I think that the disappointing reception to that movie turned Mr. Scorsese to more "guaranteed box office" films like The Aviator and The Departed. Those movies may have not had the substance of his earlier works, but they were not "God awful". I don't think that Mr. Scorsese has made a "God awful" movie in his entire career.

Artie

Suspended
I have to agree Gangs of New York was a very good film and the Aviator was at the least a very entertaining film, not great but a real good watch none the less.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
A wise man once said, "Judge an artist by his best work, not his worst." In other words, Scorcese is a brilliant, masterful director. Period. End of story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany