Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size 38 Aero cordovan Stuart

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
A rare opportunity to buy a stylish 'Stuart' model from the maker of 'the world's best leather jackets', Aero Leather Clothing (Aeroleatherclothing.com) of Scotland. The jacket is an interesting buttoned variation on Aero's classic halfbelt jacket, of which Aero says the following:

From the start of the 30s, when the first zippered leather jackets were made, to end of the 50s, when supplies of good horsehide became scarce, half-belted horsehide jackets were produced by countless local producers across north America.

The fact so many of these jackets still exist today, in eminently wearable condition, is a tribute to their manufacturer and the fact that they were made using US Chrome Tanned Front Quarter Horsehide.

Aero continues this great tradition by choosing the finest US horsehide and equalling, even excelling, the manufacturing standards of the 30s and 40s. We have taken the best elements from the countless jackets that have passed through our hands over the years.

The Aero Halfbelt features a pleated back with false halfbelt and side-adjusting straps.

I find the Stuart's buttons make it useful both for casual and somewhat more formal wear. Here are the specs of this particular jacket:

- size 38 in cordovan (a characterful reddish brown)
- 1.5" extra on the length;
- .5" extra on the arms;
- one-piece back (ie no false halfbelt);
- two internal pockets (one on left with stud-fastening, one on right with zipper);
- antique brass hardware;
- Grant ancient tartan lining.

I'm 6'-6'1", and the jacket fits me very well.

Aeros are proper leather jackets, which means they are very tough (horsehide!) and improve in appearance with age. This one is a year old and beginning to develop a lovely, distinct patina. I don't smoke, so there is no tobacco smell.

Nor are Aeros cheap. New, this one would cost more than £550 new (because of the two internal pockets). Here are more details on the UK (http://tinyurl.com/3pwo4to) and US (http://tinyurl.com/3wwkb92) Aero sites.

Some images of the jacket as worn and on its own:

44jd59n

43f5xwz

3vw5aws

3d6oe3e

4xbsnbw

3fj8bqr

3kva9fl

4336tjd

Why am I selling if it's so nice? Because I am rationalising my Aero collection and buying another one!

Postage - to anywhere in the world - will be for buyer to pay. Insured, it's around £20 within the UK, more to overseas.

The ebay listing is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280722070242

Starting price:
£340

Feel free to PM or otherwise message me here.

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Maybe you should make it clear in your auction description that your jacket does not have a half belt to prevent buyer's remorse. The picture showing the back is not very clear and neither is your description.

Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL