Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

size 50 original Dubow

oldcolts

New in Town
Thanks, I think u made my day.. I hope I got a good deal.
I hope to wear it and thinking of having Authentic replace the knits. Will that affect the value of the jacket that much and should I keep the old ones to go with the rest of the jacket as a collector item?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you want to wear this jacket the knits will not stand up to regular use and professionally replacing them would be sensible. It may slightly affect the value, but if you intend to keep it long term I wouldn't worry too much. There are those collectors who never wear their original jackets and want them 100% original and others who want a wearable original A2 and are not fussed about high quality replaced knits.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Yes and it dates to 1942. If I remember correctly the knits had been badly attacked by moths and have been extensively repaired.

A2 specification paperwork required jackets sized 32 to 54. As you can imagine size 54 original A2s are extremely rare, but they do come up for sale from time to time.

Blimey then there's hope for me yet! I can wear a 50 to 52 easily now... (still dropping)! Thanks for the information Andrew!

Worf

oldcolts

New in Town
Well as the old saying goes, if it is too good to be true................ I never did get the jacket. Apparently the seller was trying to scam me as he never sent it... Ebay is on it so I wont lose any money.. I hate it as I really wanted the jacket. Andrew, I wonder since that jacket used to belong to you. If you have any information as to who it went to and how it ended up in Fort Lauderdale Florida? At least that is where the seller is from. I wondered if my comments in here before I got the jacket caused him to change his mind.

oldcolts

New in Town
he went by the name of einamazemroz or address of einama_ir4796shjg@members.ebay.com.
In Fort Lauderdale Florida. He is no longer registered on Ebay. Heck of a name huh..?
Thanks Andrew as that helps.. Does your friend have a friend in Fort Lauderdale? lol I just don't have a lot of avenues left except asking for the money.. Sure wanted that coat though..

morrison2951

Practically Family
So sorry to hear this. Ebay really is a crapshoot.

It's probably best that we stick to our own Classifieds section here amongst ourselves when possible so as to not get scammed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy