Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing a 1930s Halfbelt

Fenton

Familiar Face
Hi everyone,

I've recently ordered an Aero's 1930s Halfbelt. I'm not quite sure about the sizing though. I want a neat, trim fit just on or above the belt. I'm 5.71" and Amanda advised me to go for a back length of 23" inches. The front length is supposedly a couple of inches shorter. I'm not sure if this will result in a short, trim looking fit.

What do you guys think? Some advice and/or opinions would be great ...

cheers,

Fenton

Fenton

Familiar Face
I thought that Amanada's calculation is somewhat strange - given that the jacket is tapering towards the front. I normally wear size 36 with a back length of about 23-22" and those jackets fit well in the front. However, if the 1930s Half Belt is tapering towards the front it might be too long then ... Did I get that right? Also, what do you recommend doing? Go for a short backlength?

cheers

icecold

One of the Regulars
Fenton said:
Hi everyone,

I've recently ordered an Aero's 1930s Halfbelt. I'm not quite sure about the sizing though. I want a neat, trim fit just on or above the belt. I'm 5.71" and Amanda advised me to go for a back length of 23" inches. The front length is supposedly a couple of inches shorter. I'm not sure if this will result in a short, trim looking fit.

What do you guys think? Some advice and/or opinions would be great ...

cheers,

Fenton

It'll be allright. I'm about 5'8" tall and my 1930's halfbelt's back lenght is 24", looks good, but not too short - it covers my belt completely, and then some. Initially I though that it is a tad long, but I realized that any movement in the jacket would be exposing the belt, so i think it'd be wise for you to stick with 23". More importantly - keep in mind that the back of your belt is always higher than your belt buckle in front, so the halfbelt basicelly merely reflects that. I'm a size 38.
This is a very neat fit - i'm reasonably athletic, but i struggled to get in initially and it took a while until is loosened up, but not it is quite comfortable. I think that's exactly how a leather jacket should fit.

Fenton

Familiar Face
thanks icecold! I've also ordered the jacket with a straight rather than tapering hem in the front ... perhaps that'll make a difference in the front length.

other advice/opinions welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy