Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing on Swedish Military coats (“livpäls”, “militärpäls”)

octopus_luke

Familiar Face
Hello!

Wondering if anyone has experience with these? They have numbered sizing 1-4. An online seller with a size 3 says it’s an equivalent to a regular medium, but I find that hard to believe…

Thanks!

Attachments

• D9F54F7D-FE90-4F55-933A-D905340CABF8.jpeg
    D9F54F7D-FE90-4F55-933A-D905340CABF8.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 51

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I have one of those but in the olive drab version. Unfortunately I can’t help with sizing though I would guess that the higher the number the bigger the size. I can’t find a size tag in mine. There is something that looks a “2” stamped on it and it has a P2P of 25 inches. So could be a size 2 but I’m not sure. Go by the sellers measurements. These are very utilitarian in their sizing I believe, meant to have a generous size so you can fit a lot of layers underneath.
My chest size is 39.5 and I could for sure rock a much smaller one, but the one I have works as well imo.
It is the best winter gear that I have ever had. Similar in warmth to a thick goose down parka.

octopus_luke

Familiar Face
I have one of those but in the olive drab version. Unfortunately I can’t help with sizing though I would guess that the higher the number the bigger the size. I can’t find a size tag in mine. There is something that looks a “2” stamped on it and it has a P2P of 25 inches. So could be a size 2 but I’m not sure. Go by the sellers measurements. These are very utilitarian in their sizing I believe, meant to have a generous size so you can fit a lot of layers underneath.
My chest size is 39.5 and I could for sure rock a much smaller one, but the one I have works as well imo.
It is the best winter gear that I have ever had. Similar in warmth to a thick goose down parka.
Thanks a bunch, @torfjord! Any recommendation on how to potentially clean one of these? The one I am looking at grabbing has a couple of markings.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Thanks a bunch, @torfjord! Any recommendation on how to potentially clean one of these? The one I am looking at grabbing has a couple of markings.

I have not cleaned mine but if I had to I would probably just try to hand wash it and rub some mild detergent on the spot and see if that helps. I would not throw it in the machine. Since you can’t re-moisturise the sheepskin lining I would be too afraid to potentially dry it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ