Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skin Care tips/remedies

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
You can get muslin cloths from Boots and Superdug and they are two layered which makes them quite mild-- they are also hemmed which is pretty BUT for much less money you can just buy a meter or two from fabric shop and cut up sqaures-a single layer is more exfoliating- double it up to make it milder. i used to do this all the time but because its not hemmed they end up looking like a used tissue if you don't straighten it out to dry :eek: My muslin was always getting flushed away by tidy people! I buy the shop ones if I'm feeling fancy and the plain fabric if I'm feeling cheap.

The Eve Lom cleansing system uses muslin clothes with a cold cream cleanser -its pretty popular with celebs from what i read.

Asdf

New in Town
Probably the one thing which I always, always make sure I do is put a bit of tea-tree oil on a cotton bud and then dab it on spots. Mind you, you've got to dab it quite lightly or else it stings a bit.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
melanie said:
I was just wondering what you girls do to look after your skin on an daily, weekly and monthly basis?

My regimen has changed since I changed my diet:

Wash with Burt's Bees orange facial cleanser.
Pat dry.
Apply Queen Helene Mint Julep mask to any pimples.
Use Neutrogena Anti-blemish Anti-wrinkle cream if I have a breakout.

That's it. After starting a very-low-carb, high fat diet a few months ago, almost all the need for moisturizers, exfoliants, etc. disappeared.

melanie

One of the Regulars
Tishkaminx said:
You can get muslin cloths from Boots and Superdug and they are two layered which makes them quite mild-- they are also hemmed which is pretty BUT for much less money you can just buy a meter or two from fabric shop and cut up sqaures-a single layer is more exfoliating- double it up to make it milder. i used to do this all the time but because its not hemmed they end up looking like a used tissue if you don't straighten it out to dry :eek: My muslin was always getting flushed away by tidy people! I buy the shop ones if I'm feeling fancy and the plain fabric if I'm feeling cheap.

The Eve Lom cleansing system uses muslin clothes with a cold cream cleanser -its pretty popular with celebs from what i read.

Great tip, I will try this, thank you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic