Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny Jeans: Do you have a pair?

Do you have a pair of "skinny jeans"?

• Yes. I have a pair that doesn't fit me, but I keep them for "one day."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I have one or more pairs and wear them.

• No, nor would I ever want to wear them!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, because I am "too old/"heavy/other reason here but wish I could.

• Total voters

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
What a funny topic.

When I went from a size 8 to a size 10, I decided to get rid of all my 8's. I was happy with my weight gain, and decided to keep my new size. I donated all my 8's to Goodwill, including my jeans.

Of course, the jeans from HS were 6's, I was an adolescent stick!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
No, I don't have enough storage space to hold onto stuff I don't wear. Unless it's a really nice item, like a cocktail dress, it goes to Goodwill or on Ebay if I haven't touched it in 6 months or if I didn't wear it at all last season.

I am at the smallest size that I've been since I started college, so mostly I've been getting rid of stuff that's too big for me!

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
I have my most fav pair I still hang on to, I keep saying some day.....
They fit only about 2 years ago but then I went back to school and between working during the day and going to school at night fast food became my friend...
Im torn between trying to loose all the weight and fit into more "skinny" things, or just staying where im at, curves and all. And try to love it and except it. i have a hard time finding cute things to fit me (big chest, big hips, small waist) so if any one has any ideas please let me know, i have orders some dresses off the internet but when they come...they just don’t fit.
:eusa_doh:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Yes, they are not necessaryily high school...that waaaassss...carry the one dot the "i" cross the "t"......... 15 years ago since graduation and I have had unforunately mishaps with storage and things. But I am getting back down to that size now! YAY!!!!!! But I have have kept jeans from previous smaller sizes i.e. half tushed attempts of weightloss previously that failed that I never got rid of the clothes. (which by the way, some of them are currently a bit lose on me yay!!)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I got rid of most of my "skinny clothes" several years ago when I moved -- I finally acknowledged that I'm over 40 and will never ever have a 27 inch waist again, so what's the point of holding onto things I'll never be able to wear?

27 inches. *sigh* It was fun while it lasted.

Antje

One Too Many
I lost 10 kilo's so I'm not able to wear annything from my schooltime,
I'm never been skinier than I am now.

I don't even want to think about that time anymore I used to be a wannabe girl, than a hippy alto and than a goth.

It din't fit, your cannot love elvis presley and wear goth clothes it doesnt fit.

So here I am, thinner than ever, feeling great and wearing vintage.

:D :D

Antje

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Antje said:
It din't fit, your cannot love elvis presley and wear goth clothes it doesnt fit.

Yes you can. Please be careful about pigeonholing everyone into categories based on their clothes and the music they like! I used to be goth and I always loved Elvis. I listen to rockabilly and authentic rock n roll now and wear vintage, but I still listen to goth, and a lot of other types of music.

It doesn't fit only if you say it doesn't.

Antje

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Yes you can. Please be careful about pigeonholing everyone into categories based on their clothes and the music they like! I used to be goth and I always loved Elvis. I listen to rockabilly and authentic rock n roll now and wear vintage, but I still listen to goth, and a lot of other types of music.

It doesn't fit only if you say it doesn't.

I'm sorry, i din't mean to affend annyone by this, it was just for me as who I am that I had this real strange feeling about my clothing and my musical taste and for me it was not fitting.

So please don't think i'm putting everyone in cattegories, I was just meaning me. Maybe i wrote it down a little strange, but I mean nothing with it.

Antje

lyburnum

Practically Family
Over the summer I put on about 10lbs. I put all the weight on around my thighs and bum and went up a size in jeans but kept my old ones because I felt really unhappy with my weight. I managed to drop back down a size in about 2 months, and it felt so nice to wiggle myself back into my old jeans. I have now thrown out the other pair, as I don't ever want to go back to fitting into them - at least not any time soon! :rolleyes:

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Skinny jeans look so wrong. I've gotten so used to wearing bootcut or flares that I am repulsed by anything else. It looks half-baked--it looks too much like leggings, like you aren't finished dressing. I love jeans and trousers, and I love them wide & all the way to the floor with just a little bit of shoe showing. When I watch I Love Lucy I always think she ruined the look of her pants because the always stopped up towards the ankle. Yeah, it was the style, but it looked too un-dressy. :eusa_doh:

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
Skinny jeans look so wrong. I've gotten so used to wearing bootcut or flares that I am repulsed by anything else. It looks half-baked--it looks too much like leggings, like you aren't finished dressing. I love jeans and trousers, and I love them wide & all the way to the floor with just a little bit of shoe showing. When I watch I Love Lucy I always think she ruined the look of her pants because the always stopped up towards the ankle. Yeah, it was the style, but it looked too un-dressy. :eusa_doh:

I did point out in the beginning that I am referring to those jeans from back when we were all (if that is the case) thinner. ;)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
PrettySquareGal said:
I did point out in the beginning that I am referring to those jeans from back when we were all (if that is the case) thinner. ;)

I sold mine at a garage sale. They were awful, early 90's models with tapered legs. I cannot bear tapered legs. I couldn't stand looking at them anymore, even though I used them as a weight-gauge by trying them on sometimes.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I don't have weighing scales, just a range of jeans in slightly different sizes, from my 'fat' jeans to my 'skinny' jeans, and that's how I regulate my size!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I don't understand the point of keeping clothes that don't fit.

Oh man I just hit post 1408. I don't think I can ever post again.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I was BIGGER in high school -- 200lbs, size 18/20.
I lost all the weight in '93-'94 and I've been a comfortable size 10 ever since.

I do sometimes wish I had kept some of my "fat" jeans, though. Just to see how far I've come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy