Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small Town Rodeo?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
In the summer there are several small town rodeos in this part of Kentucky. As much as I enjoy the regular rodeo competitions the kids events are always the most fun to watch.

Mr.Astor

Banned
Cowtown Rodeo Sharptown New Jersey, every Saturday night May through September. One of the oldest continuous rodeos in the country. 45 minutes from Philadelphia. It is a PRCA sanctioned rodeo. A fun Saturday night with the kids

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I attend nothing but small town rodeos. I have not attended a "big time" rodeo. The rodeos I have attended have the competitors and fans purchasing refreshments at the same vendor stands. I would like to see a "big time" rodeo but if not it is okay.
I will be honest, I would like to attend a rodeo where the rodeo clown is not an annoyance and perhaps can stop taking away from the events on the arena floor.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
I grew up in a small town (~1,000 people) in rural Nevada and the rodeo was a primary form of entertainment in the summer. It was wonderful. A number of locals always participated but the level of competition was very high. I never rode in a rodeo but some of my friends did. A friend of mine was riding a bull once and was thrown forward and gored :eeek: just under the ribs. He was laid up for several months but he was back on the bull the next season. Tough kid!

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I grew up in a small town (~1,000 people) in rural Nevada and the rodeo was a primary form of entertainment in the summer. It was wonderful. A number of locals always participated but the level of competition was very high. I never rode in a rodeo but some of my friends did. A friend of mine was riding a bull once and was thrown forward and gored :eeek: just under the ribs. He was laid up for several months but he was back on the bull the next season. Tough kid!

It takes a very different person to ride bulls. Those who have been gored and still ride must be cut from a completely different "cloth."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21