Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Smallville Noir

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'll have to get my wife to tape it for me.
I'm a sucker for television shows that have a 1940s episode. The worst I ever saw was "She's the Sheriff". The kid was supposed to be the piano player. It was so bad that he not only wasn't "playing" to the rhythm, he "played" when there was no music at times.:eusa_doh:
On a related note, "Lois and Clark" with Dean Cain had a similar episode.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Doh!

One Too Many
That looks pretty cool -- thanks for the tip. I've sort of lost interest in the show this season so haven't seen many episodes.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
I'll have to get my wife to tape it for me.
I'm a sucker for television shows that have a 1940s episode. The worst I ever saw was "She's the Sheriff". The kid was supposed to be the piano player. It was so bad that he not only wasn't "playing" to the rhythm, he "played" when there was no music at times.:eusa_doh:
On a related note, "Lois and Clark" with Dean Cain had a similar episode.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Does the 40s episode come right before the shark jump episode or right after. ;)

Photomuse

Familiar Face
Doh! said:
That looks pretty cool -- thanks for the tip. I've sort of lost interest in the show this season so haven't seen many episodes.

Ohhh you should come back, it's getting good. Justice League has formed and the hate between Lex and Clark is growing very quickly. Martian Manhunter has made an appearance and more to come......

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
jake_fink said:
Does the 40s episode come right before the shark jump episode or right after. ;)

I believe it's comes shorty before. ;) I sense this series will jump the shark soon, but I'm not abandoning it yet. Still, I see symptoms that they should have stuck to their original 5 season plan.

Anyway, looking forward to this episode. The thought of Chloe looking vintage-sexy... :D
NB

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
i saw the justice league episode but other than that every episode this season reminds me of a soap opera. But, I will def. watch this episode. I wish all the episodes were based in the 40's it would be so much better!

Doh!

One Too Many
As a fan of the characters in the comics, I'm not pleased with how some of the mythology has been tinkered with: Metropolis should be located MUCH further away from Smallville than an hour's drive, otherwise where's the big deal when Clark eventually leaves home to become Superman?

And because Clark's not wearing glasses, how the heck is it that Lex -- and pretty much anyone from Smallville -- WON'T know Supes and Clark are the same guy once he dons the costume? Won't it be like, "Look! Up in the sky! It's... Clark Kent wearing a funny outfit."

?

Doh!

One Too Many
Saw it tonight and it was pretty entertaining. The b&w stuff looked great but they were trying a little too hard to make it noir. A couple of things:

1. Jimmy Olsen's brim was waaaay to wide for his head. He didn't look quite like a Zootsuiter, but did come across as a kid wearing daddy's fedora.
  2. Lois Lane can't sing. At first, I thought she was supposed to be bad, but when modern day Jimmy pulled out the iPod with the same song, I assumed it was supposed to be taken seriously.

However, it was GREAT seeing Clark wearing glasses. I hope they work that into the show somehow. They tried it for one episode a couple of seasons ago, but that was it.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I caught most of it by accident last night when I was flipping channels. I always like the show when I watch it, but I usually forget! :eusa_doh:

Anyway, I thought it was good. Obviously, it was very self-consciously noir, but there were lots of hats, and everyone dressed great. I'm sure they'll rerun it in a few weeks.

Photomuse

Familiar Face
It was a fun episode. Chole looked great, Lana did her usual overacting but it worked.

Lionel was cool.

Lex still looks like a nerd (maybe it was because I'll never forget seeing him on Cribs and how finding out just how nerdy he really is).

My fav scene was Clark with the glasses.

It was nice seeing how they brought in the noir touches into the show even later when it was present time.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Photomuse said:
It was nice seeing how they brought in the noir touches into the show even later when it was present time.

That was going to be my comment as well. Oh, and the bit with the cigarette case at the end was a great "tip of the hat" to so many movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner