Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So Annoyed!!

HepKitty

One Too Many
It's astounding to me how disrespectful people can be. And sick. Clocking someone for not wanting their picture taken? Standing up for your girlfriend? Taking a video of people burning to death in a car instead of trying to help? :eusa_doh: There aren't words for how messed up that is.

I lived in a small town for a long time and cared but didn't care about the ignorant people who thought it was grand fun to ridicule me. Oddly enough, only about a week after whatever nonsense they felt obligated to bestow upon me, a whole slew of them would copy what I had done. Yes, the very same things they taunted me for. Small town I guess :rolleyes: but nothing compared to what you've endured for sure! I'm so sorry

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome home to the Lounge - I am also so sorry you both had to go through that, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
It's really sad that people make themselves feel better by making others feel bad. And you really can never tell who will turn out to be that type.
Find a nicer bar, for sure!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I dare say the issue was your husband's refusing letting him take the photo. He probably wanted to post it on some "social" networking site, most likely to make negative comments (how dare your husband be an individual!).

People now seem to think they have the right to any image they want as in Land-O-LakesGal's post. There seems to be a lot of disconnection from reality these days.

There was incident a little while ago at a car crash. The car caught on fire with people trapped inside, and all these young people stood around with their camera phones while the older people tried to help. Alas, to no avail

I have the horrible feeling that image (i.e. the virtual representation of a person, photo, video, video game etc.) passes for reality for way too many people, and when confronted with real flesh and blood human/animal, like you say there seems to be some kind of disconnect.

I can't bear when there's an accident and you get the looky-loos, those vultures who hang around and gawp. Videoing it, well, that's just psychopathy.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I offer my best wishes for you and your husband for the endured pain you both had to go through.

Hatred of something, especially when it has done nothing to impact you, is a combination of cowardice and unhappiness. Intrinsically happy people dont criticize others for nothing and out of nowhere. Take some solice that the perp of your incident is more miserable in general than either you or your husband, even in his injured state. Speedy recovery!

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Thank you all so very much for your kins words and understanding. It's heartening to know that there are so many good people out there!

We have contacted the police about the incident so hopefully something will come of that.

My husband's been to the dentist and his loose teeth should tighten up and heal so at least we don't have to pay for dental treatment. He also had his father's (who died a few years ago) National Service Dog tags ripped from his neck but the local jeweller fixed it for free.

Everybody's been so nice and supportive. I think it's testament to his character that everyone is so eager to look out for him.

Unfortunately UK pubs/clubs/bars aren't what they used to be. South Wales is notorious for gangs of tracksuited, diamond earringed boys who wander around thinking they're Chuck Norris so I suppose it was only a matter of time before we'd get on the wrong side of them!

Anyway, the husbands feeling better now and is determined to make the moustache bigger and better!

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Was your husband sucker-punched, or was he able to get a few hits in himself? Just curious.

I have a good friend who was sucker-punched one time at a drive-thru liquor store down in Texas (he was working there at the time). They knocked him out and ran off with some pricy beer/ale from he British Isles.

They knocked him out cold. Another customer came by some time later and woke him up. He needed to have serious dental work to replace two or three front teeth.

I think people are animals. Sometimes we animals haven't seemed to learn how to respect one another.

Now that I think about it, and this is the sad part, the thugs were probably just showing off to each other. Your husbands mustache was just an excuse. If he didn't have a mustache, it would have been your husband's shirt, or hair, or the brew he was drinking. So sad about your husband and the state of our society now-a-days.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This is horrible. It seems this was in a pub and all that. But is this kind of behavior tolerated with a shrug over there? Were there no witnesses to the assault willing to speak with the police and identify the assailant? There could be some serious history to the individual.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
SlyGI - It was a sucker punch (Such a great term! We don't use that enough in the UK!) although not nearly as nasty as the one you describe!

zetwal - Unfortunately, in the South Wales valleys, these incidents are all too common. We think it's on CCTV from inside the pub but we've not heard anything back from the police yet.

It seems that every one of us has experienced something like this or at least know of someone who has!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW