Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, I got me this Fez see.....

GWD

One Too Many
The Fez in it's natural environment:

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
I need a fez:
- i love hats with flat tops.
-its the ultimate in stingy brims.
-its the only hat i would feel right wearing inside my house.
-the perfect excuse for getting a smoking jacket.
and anyway who needs reasons for needing a fez for cryin' out loud it's a FEZ nuff said.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well, it looks like I might have found a shop that sells Moroccan Fez's. I'll have to take a trip to the shop to be sure and examine it to make sure it isn't one of those cheap costume ones. I'll keep you updated on what i find.
It would be neat to be able to have one to wear around for a lark. Just to be able to do it. Maybe wear it with a twill or tweed blazer and a shemagh for effect.

Cheers!

Dan

I know Johann Hückel´s Söhne were famous for their fur felt Fez back in the day. TONAK (was JHS) is a still a major supplier today. I saw them being made when I visited back in April. Along with the shape the felt colors are important. TONAK wouldn't show their dye making operation.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
My grandfather was a Shriner and I remember seeing his fez in its glass case. I wonder where it got off too. I seriously doubt that Mother has it anymore. Not that it would matter. He was a very small man and there is now way in Hell I could get into a hat of his.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
We just had a political convention hereabouts, and quite a few folks had taken to wearing tinfoil hats. One industrious fellow though was wearing a tinfoil fez, complete with the little string and everything. I got quite a laugh when I saw a picture of that. I need to get a fez.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dunno. It looks a lot like the touristy fezes my brother and I bought in Egypt in 1962. If it was significantly old it would be in MUCH worse shape than it is. I suspect it's less than 20 years old cheapy fez for the tourist trade. Sorry. You could have got it for maybe $5 bucks at any tourist souvenir place in Cairo.
Edit: But it's still super cool! Please don't let me be a wet blanket. Enjoy it!

If those are the touristy ones of 1962, then sign me up for two!

I own one of the modern-day touristy fezzes, and although made in Morocco, it's pretty lame. I don't have pictures yet, unfortunately, but it's a formed cardboard material. The outside red felt is darn near sprayed on and thin as onion skins, and the inside is glued green felt. They don't hold up very well. I think I payed something like $18 new, but it was a waste.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Like the good Doctor says, "Fez's are cool."
100_7256.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like it was never worn. It just sat around as a decoration. Now I need to find a smoking jacket or robe of some sort to go with it. That and a class of Scotch.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points