Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
So all the young woman on the campus I work on look like they walked out of 1989.

Rompers (oh my gosh, so many of these), black lace tights with cut offs, loose tank tops, combat styled boots, rosary beads and crimped hair.

I saw two girls on the bus the other day who's dress was near ... historical. I have to say I appreciate this turn in style because it's better than "I rolled out of bed at 1pm and am still wearing my club clothes covered by a bathrobe with two mismatched flip flops" I often see.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My only issue with gravy and such on French Fries - and don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a good poutine - is that unless all done in rapid fire, the fries get soggy, now that, I can't abide.

As a kid who grew up eating greasy spoon french fries with or without ketchup (no other options), I've come to appreciate them with mayo as well, but something you dip them in, not dumped on top of the fries for the same reason as above: nothing should be done to reduce the crispiness of the fry itself.

The fries also have to be *crisp.* Soggy, underdone fries will become a pasty mess when the gravy is added, and this the most common problem when poutine is prepared by those who don't know what it's all about. The gravy must also be boiling hot when added, and the cheese has to be refrigerator cold. The hot gravy will melt the cheese just enough to blend the flavors, but will not liquefy it.

And it all must be served and eaten immediately. Poutine that sits becomes a solid, congealed mass of No Fun.

The one thing I like about the impending arrival of cold weather is that it brings poutine season along with it. No meal is more satisfying and comforting after a morning of shoveling snow.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
So all the young woman on the campus I work on look like they walked out of 1989.

Rompers (oh my gosh, so many of these), black lace tights with cut offs, loose tank tops, combat styled boots, rosary beads and crimped hair.

I saw two girls on the bus the other day who's dress was near ... historical. I have to say I appreciate this turn in style because it's better than "I rolled out of bed at 1pm and am still wearing my club clothes covered by a bathrobe with two mismatched flip flops" I often see.

Welcome to the Scrunchie Lounge.

Are rompers such kids-rompers or "jumpsuits"?

Among the charms of the nubile is that they look good in almost anything (or nothing at all, come to think of it). But my advice is always that they not grow accustomed to it.

Imagine a one piece tank top with shorts. I've seen a lot of these.

Ok, I got it. So, this stuff.
Summer-Rompers.png

Woohoo. :D

Hercule

Practically Family
Lettuce? On a taco?

Yep, shredded ettuce and tomato, bit of cheese too. And some hot taco sauce. But I prefer to replace the lettuce with cilantro. Maybe it's a gringo taco, but I love em just the same. Oh, and only hard shells. I never liked those doughy soft things.

As for ground beef on tacos, I prefer it to chicken or pulled pork. Though a bad seasoning mix can ruin the whole experience.

Gravy on fries - wonderful stuff. My wife put me on to it. Mayo too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou