Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

A kid tried to do a burn out in front of our house on Saturday night. I am not sure what he was doing, but he sure didn't do it right. I heard the start of something good, so I went to the window. He fish-tailed and hit the curb, destroying his front tire and dismembering his driver's side suspension. My neighbor and I consoled the poor boy, explaining what he did wrong. When his Dad arrived, we backed off, since we have both have seen THAT stare before. Oh well, live and learn. It's better than playing video games. :p

A kid tried to do a burn out in front of our house on Saturday night. I am not sure what he was doing, but he sure didn't do it right. I heard the start of something good, so I went to the window. He fish-tailed and hit the curb, destroying his front tire and dismembering his driver's side suspension. My neighbor and I consoled the poor boy, explaining what he did wrong. When his Dad arrived, we backed off, since we have both have seen THAT stare before. Oh well, live and learn. It's better than playing video games. :p

:rofl: I am surprised you didn't get out the Mach 1 and show him how it was done. :p

We had a kid in High school that took off in his brothers car and wrecked it. We called him Indy(like Indy 500) after that. :p There was no Indiana Jones back then so everyone knew what we were talking about. :p

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Men who honk their horns at women for daring to be in public while being female.

Or who lean out their windows to comment.

"Why yes, I put on these shorts and tank top just to 'shake it for you' not because it's 80 degrees outside and I'm walking to a grocery store. Since you have stunned me with your your romantic repertoire (I can only guess what other romantic jewels and gems you have in store for me) I'm willing to bear your children now. Who needs groceries when they can hop into a car with a complete stranger/ axe murderer anyways?"

:rofl: I am surprised you didn't get out the Mach 1 and show him how it was done. [emoji14]

We had a kid in High school that took off in his brothers car and wrecked it. We called him Indy(like Indy 500) after that. [emoji14] There was no Indiana Jones back then so everyone knew what we were talking about. [emoji14]
lol
I thought about it, but was glad I didn't after meeting his Dad. He looked like a football player! :eeek:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My idiot brother once threw a pumpkin out the back of a pickup truck and bounced it off the hood of the car behind. Spent the night in jail for that one.

A bunch of kids (I know one of the parents) were throwing snowballs at cars. Supposedly cars they knew, but at the windows. The cops were called and the parents were mad because the cops searched for the kids (who hid and ran) and then got taken home in police cars.

Given the small chance that they could have spooked someone off the road, cracked someone's windshield with a piece of ice/rock, or gotten themselves hit, and they RAN from the cops and hid; I thought a ride home in a car was light treatment. I'd want my kid to sit in the police headquarters for a while... and they sure as hell better have hoped I calmed down by the time I decided to go get them. They'd be begging the cops to not let rhem go until morning. I'm scarier than an overnight in jail. Far scarier.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
​Mom...is that you ?...it’s me...jake ! :eeek:

​lol

My husband's only ever seen me lose my temper once in our ten years of marriage (like really lose it) and it wasn't at him. I describe it as "I will scorch the earth." He describes it as "dragon mode."

I'm not sure I'd get THAT mad over something like this but I'd be pretty upset, especially since my kid ran. I would get that mad for drunk driving or something similarly stupid. Luckily my kid's gonna be in jail long enough in that scenario for me to either cool down or get red hot, depending your perspective.

...But really, I live in WA state, and people here are notorious for consistently driving whatever speed they want in whatever lane. Hardly anyone has a concept of faster traffic to the left. My wife, who is from this area originally, for years refused to believe my stories of other places in the country where this only happened maybe 1 or 2 drivers and not everyone. I took her on a cross-country sightseeing tour from Florida back here in 2012 and she saw all kinds of drivers. She's never argued with me about this phenomenon ever again.
That said, here you never see people stopping on a street in cars from opposing directions, and blocking the road for however long they want to have a conversation. I saw that countless times growing up in the deep South. People really do area-specific odd things with cars...
A lot of people here in the Los Angeles area of southern California have adopted those same driving habits. It starts at the on-ramp, where people try to merge onto the freeway driving 20 MPH slower than the flow of traffic, and finally get up to speed (if they ever do, that is) a few miles down the road. Then they change lanes and slow down, cutting off the much larger trucks that are bearing down on them in the process. Eventually they make their way to the "fast" lane where they drive at least 10 MPH below the posted speed limit, forcing the drivers who are motivated to get where they're going to go around them.

And then there are the idiots who have clearly seen the Fast and Furious movies too many times, constantly changing lanes in their p.o.s. tuner cars while proving they can't drive as well as stunt drivers...or anyone else, for that matter.

We also have all manner of morons who block residential streets with their cars while they casually chat with someone. More often than not they refuse to move when you pull up behind them, and the few who do glare at you as you pass like you're the inconsiderate one.

I could go on and on, but the profanity filter would replace 80% of my post with asterisks so I'll just stop here.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My husband's only ever seen me lose my temper once in our ten years of marriage (like really lose it) and it wasn't at him. I describe it as "I will scorch the earth." He describes it as "dragon mode."

I'm not sure I'd get THAT mad over something like this but I'd be pretty upset, especially since my kid ran. I would get that mad for drunk driving or something similarly stupid. Luckily my kid's gonna be in jail long enough in that scenario for me to either cool down or get red hot, depending your perspective.

I learn early in life not to touch the handle of a frying pan with my bare hands or incur the wrath of women.

Given a choice, I will take the hot pan any day . :D

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Let me tell you my momma ain't kidding. When I was 13 I argued with her and I don't remember exactly what I said--except it was a dig at her bad marriage, maybe--and she was so angry that she literally chased me around the house on crutches (had snapped a tendon in her ankle). She was bellowing like I have never heard before--oh, the guttural sounds coming out of that woman--and trying to beat me with her crutches while saying "I'm gonna kill 'er." I have NEVER seen her that angry ever again, and had never before that.

A couple of years ago she had a scan done and the doctor told her it looked like she'd had a very small heart attack at some point in the past, one she wasn't aware of. My immediate reaction to that was, "Uh, sorry mom." :behindsofa:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The worse thing uttered by my mom as I ran out of the house
to avoid a spanking:
"Sooner or later you're going to have to come in!"

My father, after a while, would forget about it.
But not my mom . That woman never forgot & boy
could she hit !
Nevertheless, I miss her very much .

The worse thing uttered by my mom as I ran out of the house
to avoid a spanking:
"Sooner or later you're going to have to come in!"

My father, after a while, would forget about it.
But not my mom . That woman never forgot & boy
could she hit !
Nevertheless, I miss her very much .

I am sure you deserved it. :p
spanking.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL