Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
While I applaud Lizzie's standards, I work from home, am in an information business and can't be that restrictive (wish I could) - so I have to put up with all the games and BS these website do to claim you wanted to look at something.

Between that and paywalls, it's pretty much left me with Reuters, the Christian Science Monitor, the Bangor Daily News, and the People's World. I suspect I may be the only person in the world with that particular list of favorites.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You sound like you work up here. I'd like to have a nickel for every tourist I've intercepted at the theatre door trying to bring in contraband food. "No ma'am, you can't bring in a complete take-out fish dinner and eat it during the show."

The ultimate was the guy who bought a ticket, went in to watch a concernt, and then used his cell phone to order a pizza for delivery during the performance. He was quite unhappy when I turned the delivery guy away.

I delivered Pizzas when I was in collage, none of this even surprises me! It was amazing where people wanted them delivered, and our stupid dispatcher would waist our time sending us to high security buildings, some with bogus addresses, only to have us bring them back! Some day I will tell you about the $50 tip I got at a strip joint.

I delivered Pizzas when I was in collage, none of this even surprises me! It was amazing where people wanted them delivered, and our stupid dispatcher would waist our time sending us to high security buildings, some with bogus addresses, only to have us bring them back! Some day I will tell you about the $50 tip I got at a strip joint.

Do tells about the $50 tip and the free lap dance you got. :p

Yeah, I know, but I really like their film criticism.

They criticize everything remotely "American." lol lol
414px-Hammer_and_sickle_red_on_transparent.svg.png

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Do tells about the $50 tip and the free lap dance you got. :p

No lap dance was involved. I am not even sure if they existed back then? Then again, that was the one and only strip club I have ever been in, in my life! The only reason the dispatcher sent me, was because, I was under age, and looked it.

Edward

Bartender
You sound like you work up here. I'd like to have a nickel for every tourist I've intercepted at the theatre door trying to bring in contraband food. "No ma'am, you can't bring in a complete take-out fish dinner and eat it during the show."

The ultimate was the guy who bought a ticket, went in to watch a concernt, and then used his cell phone to order a pizza for delivery during the performance. He was quite unhappy when I turned the delivery guy away.

Amazing what people will try and sneak in, isn't it? I used to do a lot of Rocky Horror at a local cinema, and would spend up to nine hours a week there for three weeks before a show, flyering. In that time, the things I saw people trying to sneak in... my favourite was the woman who tried to claim she wasn't breaking the rules by bringing in ice cream sh had boughtg elsewhere because she didn't buy it - she made it herself. :rolleyes:

I guess my 'pet peeve' is when I pull up a news service like NBC and click on an article to read, only to have a video pop up at the top of the article to SHOW me what the article says! If I wanted to watch a news film story, I'd have clicked on 'video', but I didn't....yet I'm STILL forced to watch a commercial and the video report unless I can disable it before it starts.

I can read, guys!

Regards! Michaelson

I hate that too. Video content has its place, but on a newspaper site I'd much rather read the information.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We are spending the Easter weekend in the New Forest, what's the betting our favourite country pub is packed out tomorrow? Must try and get there early, I do wish they would take bookings. Traditional roast beef with all the trimmings, followed by crème brulee, washed down with a glass or three of Merlot.

That's moaning for the sake of it, we are part of the problem. Easter is the first of our public holidays, folks in the larger conurbations, all with winter cabin fever, can't wait to get away from the daily grind for a few days. All the same, I hope we can get a table.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps I really ought to sign up to Facebook. Had a text from a good friend: "Get over to Lymington tomorrow." Checked out his link. OK tourists, you can swamp The Lamb Inn, we have a table booked, and discounted, elsewhere, thanks to a vintage car.

Something that ticks me off...it's become the trend of cigar makers now to use all kinds of elaborate wrappers and labels on their cigars. They're wrapped top to bottom in all kinds of crap. Only problem is, when I remove them, it peels some of the wrapper off with it. What's wrong with just the normal band?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot