Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Medical staff in uncle Doc's office...

Instead of saying good old "What medicament do you need?", they hopped on the trend to just say "Tell me!"

I could get into the temptation to say things like:
"Well, I had my GF at Saturday and my king tiger got so hard and happy, I tell you!

Wish me luck, that the pain in my lumbar vertrebra area is just a pinched nerve and will go, over the next days. It started suddenly while making bed. :(

I still can walk and move enough to do my normal things, so we will see.

As if it weren’t egregious enough that the guy two places ahead of me in line here at the Post Office is conducting a cell phone conversation at elevated decibel levels, he speaks in the tritest of cliches.

He has a gold wedding band on his left ring finger. Pity the poor soul with the matching ring.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
As if it weren’t egregious enough that the guy two places ahead of me in line here at the Post Office is conducting a cell phone conversation at elevated decibel levels, he speaks in the tritest of cliches.
Did he not pose? "Oh yes darling, yes, I'm in the post office," he continues, "no I need to go to the bank for anything over five figures," adding, "no, no, listen, Post office withdrawals are limited, not to worry, I'll go to the bank." All said at a rate of, as Alan so eloquently observed, elevated decibels just so that you know of his fabulous wealth and that you are so seriously impressed, that when you leave the Post Office, you sit in your car, your seriously old, clapped out car, and weep at the unfairness of life.

Truth be told he probably hasn't got two cents to rub together.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This getting old malarkey has it's moments. Drying myself off after this morning's shower, the doorbell rang. Grabbing my clean underwear for decency and putting my bathrobe on, I went and answered the door. A courier stood there with his delivery gizmo asking me for a signature. Once he had gone I put Tina's package down and went back to get dressed. Then I spent the best part of two minutes looking for my clean underpants. The same clean underpants that I hastily donned for the sake of decency when answering the door. I tell you, I'm losing the plot.

Our co-op apartment association installed a new heating installation, some weeks ago and we now have an unpleasant rushing sound in all of our block's radiators, when heating up our rooms.
I finally asked them, if they actually checked the new pump on correct flow speed, because the experts say, it's the classic problem on new pumps.
Let's see, what our "management" (secretary + service manager) will answer me!

Can anyone tell me, which prom can be punished for starting THIS around the young folks? These curious tunnel plug earrings in all imaginable sizes?

Stupid earrings
Those actually go back to the Massai in Africa, circa 1300 BCE, and ancient Egyptians circa 2,000-1,000 BCE. It seems every generation eventually discovers something that's been around for decades if not centuries, then act as if they were the first to create it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward

Bartender
Did he not pose? "Oh yes darling, yes, I'm in the post office," he continues, "no I need to go to the bank for anything over five figures," adding, "no, no, listen, Post office withdrawals are limited, not to worry, I'll go to the bank." All said at a rate of, as Alan so eloquently observed, elevated decibels just so that you know of his fabulous wealth and that you are so seriously impressed, that when you leave the Post Office, you sit in your car, your seriously old, clapped out car, and weep at the unfairness of life.

Truth be told he probably hasn't got two cents to rub together.

Back around 1998, just in the last few days when it was still a status symbol to have a mobile phone (you remember, that far off era when the ringing of a phone had everyone looking round to see who had the mobile, rather than reflexively checking to see if it was their own ringing...), some friends of mine were at a yuppie bar in the fancy end of Belfast on a Summer evening. YUppie at the bar, mid thirties, very pleased with himself, having a loud and aggressive phone call with his "broker". Just at the point when he had, as he clearly desired, the attention of all those around him..... the phone rang in his hand.

It’s gotten to where I don’t answer phone calls if I don’t recognize the number, this because more often than not it’s one shady solicitation or another. Several leave messages telling me of the piles of cash from the “employee retention“ program my business will be leaving on the table if I don’t get back with them right away, and others offering up to $30K as soon as tomorrow — no credit check, use as I please.

I’m left to assume that this is on account of my name (and contact info, alas) appearing on lists of business owners and other lists of people with a history of consistently paying their bills. I’m just glad there’s no record of my ever living on or near Camp Lejeune.

Last edited:
It’s gotten to where I don’t answer phone calls if I don’t recognize the number, this because more often than not it’s one shady solicitation or another...
I'm sure someone somewhere could explain this to me, but every time I've had to "upgrade" my phone I've encountered a whole new batch of shady solicitors. Why this strikes me as odd is because I've kept the same phone number for the last three or four generations of phones. So why weren't these losers calling to pester me on my old phone? Why did they wait for the new phone each time? And what happened to the old batch of solicitors? :confused:

Edward

Bartender
This getting old malarkey has it's moments. Drying myself off after this morning's shower, the doorbell rang. Grabbing my clean underwear for decency and putting my bathrobe on, I went and answered the door. A courier stood there with his delivery gizmo asking me for a signature. Once he had gone I put Tina's package down and went back to get dressed. Then I spent the best part of two minutes looking for my clean underpants. The same clean underpants that I hastily donned for the sake of decency when answering the door. I tell you, I'm losing the plot.

One day last Summer, I had a few seconds of intense panic when I closed my hand around my trouser pocket and my phone was missing (this one of those dreadful days that were too hot for a jacket with secure pockets...). After those few seconds, I realised my phone wasn't missing. It was in my other hand. because I was talking into it....

I'm sure someone somewhere could explain this to me, but every time I've had to "upgrade" my phone I've encountered a whole new batch of shady solicitors. Why this strikes me as odd is because I've kept the same phone number for the last three or four generations of phones. So why weren't these losers calling to pester me on my old phone? Why did they wait for the new phone each time? And what happened to the old batch of solicitors? :confused:

Check the small print on the new contract you signed; chances are they slipped in a term that allows them to sell your data...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Check the small print on the new contract you signed; chances are they slipped in a term that allows them to sell your data...
Edward makes a valid point and of course phone companies buy profiles from banks and credit card companies, so everything that you have paid for that's not been a cash payment, that's cash as in the filthy folding stuff, then that transaction has been noted, profiled and sold.
They’re standing on the street corner, in short skirts and holey fishnet stockings.
But there again, maybe Tony got it right.
holey.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Have you ever gotten into one of those huffy, "I'm not talking to you," moments following a trivial argument that, somehow, blew up into a thermo-nuclear detonation? It happened tonight and no matter how much I tried to shoulder the blame, the only shoulder that I got was the cold one.

When she was preoccupied I went round every jar in the cupboard and tightened them................we are talking again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch