Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*SOLD* 1950's Wool Overcoat in Excellent Condition - Suit Size 40-42

Annixter

Practically Family
I'm selling this wonderful overcoat in excellent vintage condition, made by Taverncourt Venetians with hand-needled edges, made for Norman Pixley of San Mateo and Lake Tahoe, California. The previous owner's initials and last name, one B. McGuire, are embroidered/sewn into the liner. The coat is made of fine, fawn-colored wool in a windowpane pattern. The wool is on the lighter weight side, and with the partial lining, the coat is perfect for spring or fall climates. The union label (with red numbers partially obstructed) places the coat somewhere between 1949 and 1961. The only issue I can find is the fibers around the pressed sleeve openings have been rubbed smooth, but the threads are solid. Aside from this barely noticeable wear, I can't find any other issues. Asking $40 plus shipping. Please pm me if you are interested.

Measurements:
Chest: 47"
Shoulder width (taken from shoulder seam to seam, curved up the shoulders): 19-1/2"
Length from nape to bottom hem: 45" (no fabric to let out)
Sleeve length from center back to cuff: approx. 35-1/2" with 1-3/4" to let out
Sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff: 25-3/4" with 1-3/4" to let out
Sleeve circumference at cuff: 13-1/2"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran