Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: 60s Excelled crosszip mc jacket size 38

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I bought this jacket basically because I know @Monitor owns one and it's his favorite grab and go jacket. I asked the seller about size and measurements but unfortunately the only thing he was able to explain to me was that it's a size medium lol. Turns out it's a 38 which is too small for me.

I thought it would be nice to have @Monitor describe his love for the early 60s excelled :):

"Of all near infinite iterations of the classic diagonal cross zip aka the Perfecto, Excelled is one of very, very few makers that in my opinion, got this style absolutely right.
The overall look, perfect in even the tiniest detail, remained authentically balanced throughout their entire existence, ensuring you always got a great jacket. Large, rockstar-cool collar, long sleeve zippers, front-facing epaulets, long pockets w/ chain pulls, etc.; And most importantly, those perfect Perfecto proportions - sleeve to back ratio and a V-shaped cut, the jacket feels and wears like it came right out the 50's when these jackets indeed did look the best.

Looks not being everything of course, anyone who's ever owned one of these jackets, knows how incredibly comfortable they are. Complete, unrestrained range of motion; You can wear it either on the bike or doing day to day choirs. The pattern alone would allow for this, even if it lacked fully functional shoulder gussets that make the jacket truly feel like you're wearing a shirt.

It's a damn shame they would often cut production costs, which would usually reflect in the quality of leather so finding an Excelled made in quality hide isn't a simple task - One the buyer of this jacket certainly won't have to worry about. While technically not on the level of something incredibly high-end, the leather this jacket is made of is perfectly serviceable, 60's kind, perhaps even slightly better looking than what you would see on a Schott of the same era. Lovely grain all over. Soft with some heft. Does the job.

Lined in a warm quilted lining that's serviceable on any cold day over a sweater.

Condition ought to be plainly visible from the photos. Worn but without any fails. Couple of pinholes in the lapels, that's it. Clean, devoid of smell.

All in all, while rarely reaching the price tag of its more famous cousins, Excelled cross zip easily out-do many of the much pricier brands in looks and comfort. Perfect choice of a truly beautiful vintage biker jacket, if you wanna keep your fancier stuff safe and one you'll quickly get to love more than you had ever hoped to."

All that's left for me to say is that you can get all of the above for just €125 plus actual shipping costs. Paypal FF

Ptp 22
Shoulder 18.25
Back length 24
Sleeves 24.25

C9249D5B-271F-4F79-81B9-5B00AE6C84BE.jpeg
A59889BD-6AF4-4D0D-AAC8-6FEBDAD96983.jpeg
914F1BAD-0A2F-446F-B68E-0CB59926C0DE.jpeg
DB0B9CAD-2A70-4F35-ADA1-258DCF6B051F.jpeg
0A1F3F9B-6C3E-436D-9D84-976B30D5E826.jpeg
D04F21FB-BACC-44B5-B644-F3431AA0F881.jpeg
6CC08434-7439-4323-AF99-42328047C90B.jpeg
C800DA17-6AFA-4A54-9AE8-C455602045FE.jpeg
4C12DF80-5706-4BDC-B73A-981C715B0075.jpeg

I stand 100% by everything I said and this is legit maybe my fav cross zip, aside from Schott, anyone has ever made. Mine's seeing 308x times more wear than any of my other jackets, which is stupid but it's actually that good a piece!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Brings back memories. I could not come close to getting this on (44 - 46 now) but the very first crosszip I ever wore was an Excelled. In the early 90's a friend in community college lent his to me for a year. It had a lot of modifications, but I loved it. There were (and still are) days I wish I had bought it off him, but it was a great entry point into the crosszip world. :)

There were (and still are) days I wish I had bought it off him, but it was a great entry point into the crosszip world. :)

Or closure point. Could be said that I've seen a few leather jackets by now and 80% of the time, I'll grab my Excelled when going out. It's a perfect combo of looks, quality and heft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana