Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD// 7 1/4 Vintage Borsalino - Fancy hatband //SOLD//

I have this to sell. It's been sitting around my house for far too long and needs someone to take it off my hands.

It is in pretty much perfect condition, marked PUNTI 5 1/2 which I think equates to a US 7 1/4. It certainly seems to fit about right for a 7 1/4 (I'm a 7 and it feels bigger than a 7 1/8). At the front of the sweatband is the corrugated ventilation feature you often see on Borsalinos. It has a couple marks on the sweatband that should clean off. It has the initials A. A. on the sweatband in those little metal things you often see in French hats. The hat was sold in Innsbruck. Probably dates to the 50s or early 60s? Maybe the image of the label on the felt under the sweatband gives more info as to dating? not sure. I love the fancy hatband/ribbon. Brim edge is overwelt.

I'm asking for £65 for the hat, with shipping to be calculated based on destination. Cash/personal cheque preferred from within the UK, Paypal OK from elsewhere. PM with interest please.

Measurements:

Brim: 2 1/8"
Crown (uncreased): approx 5"
Inside, front to back: 7 3/4"
Inside, side to side: 6 5/8"
Inside, APPROXIMATE Circumference: 22 7/16

The first 2 images are the best representations of the colour of the hat - a very light grey …

FancyBandBorsaHat1.jpg

FancyBandBorsaHat2.jpg

FancyBandBorsaHat3.jpg

FancyBandBorsaHat4.jpg

FancyBandBorsaHat5.jpg

FancyBandBorsaHat6.jpg

Best Regards

bk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members