Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*SOLD* - A Classic Whippet

DJH

I'll Lock Up
As you all know, the Whippet was one of Stetson’s most popular products that was introduced in the late 30’s and was in production until at least the end of the 50’s.

This one is from the great Whippet era, before Stetson started to reduce the brim width in some of the later versions.

Size is marked as 7 and the Whippet fits my 22 3/8 inch head perfectly. The grey felt is in really great shape (as with many vintage hats, a little steaming and brushing will probably make it nicer yet) as is the inside of the hat. The Royal Stetson logo in both the liner and sweatband comes with the stars, rather than the leaf emblem found in the newer versions.

The Whippet name is embossed with gold foil on the sweatband which I believe might indicate the hat was built in Stetson’s Canadian plant, although the store it was made for is in Philadelphia.

The dimensions are classic Whippet – 5 ½ inch open crown and 2 5/8 brim.

I have two grey Whippets and have some acquisitions on the way, so I’m hoping a fellow Lounger will want to give this super hat a good home and enjoy wearing it.

Price is $155.00 which includes shipping in the Lower 48 States. If you live anywhere else, let me know and I’ll work out the shipping cost.

D314084-L.jpg

D314087-L.jpg

D314091-L.jpg

D314094-L.jpg

D314093-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner