Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD! Aero Highwayman Cow/Steer 44 Reg $350 CONUS

Here is a jacket I got from a Lounger up for sale. I'm an off the rack size 44 Regular & it fits true to my size.
One tag says cow & one says steer.

Below is text from original Aero sales page to explain origin.

"Brown Steerhide Highwayman, Size 44", S#1946 - SOLD 15/6/12
Size 44" Highwayman, made for the sale page from a sample skin of brown steerhide, not a trainee jacket.

Good leather, with an almost reddish tone to the brown. Very nice. Fitted with brass hardwear, and Aero main zipper, biscuit checked lining, and storm cuffs.

This jacket is one from a small number of "Sale" jackets made recently by our fully qualified machinists that we are listing this week.
A few weeks ago our machinists caught up with the cutters and we ran short of cut work ready to sew.
This gave us an opportunity to spend an afternoon getting a batch of jackets made up that had been cut over the years but never finished. Most of these jackets are regular stock lines made up using sample leathers or the end of a particular batch of hide, while some were part of the development of a new style but nearly all have been sitting around for years waiting to be sewn together.
This jacket, and the other jackets from this batch, are fairly unique, of regular Aero grade and represent a great opportunity to get a "one of" Aero at a really keen price"

3544f86d68468a22_s1946-collar-800.jpg

7804f86d6444da78_s1946-back-500.jpg

9684f86d5b882cf1_s1946-500.jpg

$350 with shipping to CONUS. Serious interest & I'll take current photos.
PM here if interested.

Last edited:

trapp

Practically Family
Looks from here like a great jacket at a fantastic price. I love Aero's steerhide - wish it was size 40.

Good luck with the sale.

ideaguy

One Too Many
terrific jacket at a real bargain price...if I didn't already own several leathers, I'd buy one in a heartbeat;
try to get something remotely close anywhere else, and you're well over $500. check any of the glossy
catalogs...and-they're one of a kind, special run??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner