Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD// British suit, early 1950s, size 37 //SOLD//

I had hoped that magically this suit would begin to fit me, but sadly i come to the conclusion it will forever be too big.

Made by "Jackson", I would date this to the early 1950s. The trousers are cut in transitional 1940s-1950s style. Double pleats in the "English" fashion. The jacket lining is heavy twill typical of the era (see pic of interior size label). The trousers pocket flaps are really lovely. Very nicely crafted. Button fly, external suspender buttons. The front view of the jacket is the best representation of the colour of the suit. A vibrant blue, not the dull darkish of the other pics.

I left my book of measurements at home, so i'll add precise measurements tonight when i get in from work. It is marked a size 37 on the inside of the lining of the interior chest pocket. I had to unpick a few stitches in the pocket to be able to see it: It's stitched in backwards. Honestly it does say Size 37. The whole label reads:

A
Bl
Size 37
Wk 6

The suit is in very nice condition. There is one very small nick on the front near the bottom and one similar on the back near the bottom. Un-noticeable. Any marks you can see in the pictures are either dust (must get the vacuum out!) or camera artefacts.

Jacket

Chest: ~20.5"
Length (back): 28.75"-29"
Arm: ~24.5"
Shoulders: ~17.5"

Trousers

Waist: ~15.5"
Outseam: 42"
Cuff: 9" wide, 1.5" deep.
Inseam: 28.5" (hemmed to fit me. They will come down to about 30" retaining the cuff with a very small hem, and 3" more if you lose the cuff.)

£35 for the suit. Shipping to be determined. Paypal accepted but will need to charge a small fee to cover Paypal fees. PM with interest.

Jackson1.JPG

Jackson2.JPG

Jackson3.JPG

Jackson4.JPG

Jackson5.JPG

Jackson6.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy