Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***SOLD***FS: 1950s Dobbs gray 7 1/8 LO

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
1950s Dobbs Hanover Square in lighter medium gray with greenish undertone, and matching silver-gray band & binding.

5 5/8" crown x 2 11/16" brim. Due to the higher block, the hat takes deep creases and works fine with center dent or diamond crease. It's one of those felts that holds accidental creases wonderfully. The flanging on this hat is rather high - check the pics.

7 1/8 long oval, fits true to size tag.

The hat orginally came with the typical 1950s plastic crown liner cover; I removed it; it feels much better that way when handling the crown. Still, it's a modification of the original.
The brim binding shows slight signs of aging throughout, but the discoloration is rather inconspicuous and even.
No further issues aside from that.

I'm asking $160.- shipped from Germany to the States. Please PM me if you're interested.

Dobbs1950sgreenishgray_1_zpse0db86a1.jpg

Full resolution image

Dobbs1950sgreenishgray_2_zps332bc4e9.jpg

Full resolution image

Dobbs1950sgreenishgray_3_zpsbe6e2868.jpg

Dobbs1950sgreenishgray_5_zps87b7d61c.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WOW
that was one of my faves from your vintage collection.
Congrat's to it's new owner !
Bravo Rabbit !

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
WOW
that was one of my faves from your vintage collection.
Congrat's to it's new owner !
Bravo Rabbit !

Btw, this is the hat that Brando11 used as an inspiration for his new VS Dove.

As my vintage hat collection has pretty much boiled down to my favorites and nothing beyond that, it's hard to pick candidates for selling. Still, I intend to further reduce the number just a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters