Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***SOLD*** Ponte Rialto Italian boater 7 5/8

Mr E Train

One Too Many
For sale I have a very nice Italian-made boater made by Ponte Rialto Venice. This is a top-quality boater with thick, stiff, heavy woven straw, the way they're supposed to be made. It has a "floating" Bon-Ton-Ivy-type sweatband that makes the hat comfortable to wear and gives it a little leeway despite its rigidity. It is an honest-to-goodness size 7 5/8. I normally wear size 7 3/4, but I like the boater to ride a bit higher so 7 5/8 worked perfectly for me. I bought it new in a hat shop in the spring of this year, and I've only worn it a few times, and very lightly at that. It is still in as-new condition.

I have great fondness for boaters, but I have few good opportunities to wear them, and my wife hates them and derisively refers to it as the "Music Man hat". I am making room for hats that I wear more often, so I'm letting this one go. You normally can't get these hats for less than $120 brand new and vintage ones in this size are few and far between and get very pricey. This one is a steal at $60, which includes shipping to the continental US in the original hat box. PM me if interested.

pr1n.jpg

pr2z.jpg

pr3n.jpg

pr4v.jpg

pr5q.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy