Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD -- U.S. Navy Issue (Kersey) Peacoat

NukeMeSlowly

One of the Regulars
Price includes shipping to the continental US via USPS with delivery confirmation.
Personal Payment via PayPal please - otherwise add 3%.
[International shipping is possible for additional cost depending on order, destination country, and desired shipping method.]

Measurements (in inches) are my best conscientious effort with a measuring tape.
[chest=pit to pit & doubled; shoulder=seam to seam across back; sleeve=shoulder seam down to end of cuff; length=bottom of collar down to jacket end]

USN issue wool peacoat
Kersey Blue 44R

Double breasted; Seven fouled anchor buttons (four to button); thick 100% melton wool with heavy cotton pocket liners; full lining; extended stand-up collar; single vent

chest: 46 shoulder: 20 sleeves: 26 Length: 33 3/4

If you want a genuine peacoat in blue that's 100% wool, you won't be able to get it from Schott or Sterlingwear. Starting sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s, the Navy stopped issuing Kersey blue (akin to midnight blue) coats and switched to black. They also switched to a wool/nylon blend fabric with a poly liner.

This coat is in very good condition for its age with only a very few minor shiny spots and moth bites. The buttons are sewn on tight and strong.

I own two Kersey peacoats and I love them. They shrug off snow and rain and block out chill winds. Give them a once over with a Kent brush and they glow.

Kersey coats were made in the era before poly fill lining, so the 100% wool melton had to be very substantial to keep the wearer warm. THIS PEACOAT IS HEAVY, almost 6 pounds! This is not the flimsy crap you find at BR or the Gap. This coat has deep thick cotton lined pockets that keep your hands nice and toasty. It is amazing how something so outwardly soft and comfortable can be so hard wearing and durable.

SOLD

ForSaleFeb2011063.jpg

ForSaleFeb2011064.jpg

ForSaleFeb2011065.jpg

ForSaleFeb2011068.jpg

Please PM if interested.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner