Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sold.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I rescued this one from a bunch of hats that, about 4 years ago, W&W was sending back to Italy to recycle the felt. You'll see why shortly.
The felt of this hat is beautiful, soft and has a very nice weight to it: not to heavy but not too light either. I'm selling it only because I need to make room for an Optimo that my wife is giving me for my upcoming 33rd Birthday.
Its issue is that, in the back, where the brim ends and the crown begins, it has a tear. I fixed it at the time I got it and it has never given me any problem and the best part is that it's invisible, as it is hidden under the ribbon. Check it out.

Size: 7 1/8
Brim: 2 1/2
Crown: Almost 5 inches with current teardrop crease.
Ribbon: 1 1/4 inches and the color is called "Basalto" a very dark, charcoal that with certain light looks black. I bought a yard of this gorgeous ribbon in Milan and made the bow myself.
Price: I'd like to get $75 shipped USA (reasonable offers, welcome). Again the hat is in great shape except for the tear that you will see in the pics.

This studio shot is with the previous ribbon which was black but will give an accurate depiction of the hat's color.

B-1.jpg

This is how it looks now, (pardon the non studio shots, I let my cousin borrow my lights)

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

This is the back and as you see, you can't see anything wrong with it.

IMG_2820.jpg

This is the tear, the red arrows indicate tiny tack thread that holds the ribbon so it doesn't climb up. I removed them to show you the issue and sewed them back after I took the picture.

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
33? You're catching up with me :D

My lovely wife organized a nice custom hat for me for our anniversary last fall. Should be ready soon, I think!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran