Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

Bassman

A-List Customer
Not "yet" a customer, but concerned nevertheless.
Please follow the "doctor's orders" and take it easy.
When you ain't got your health, you ain't got nothin'!

Please see if they can do an MRI and other imaging type scans. This will help to point out if it is a physical thing, maybe exactly what is up, and to what extent. Better to know what is up.

Hope you feel better soon.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you gentlemen, all words are taken to heart ( figuratively) and I Thank You.

Funny you should say that John in Covina. One of the best things about this new hat biz for me is getting to "meet" new clients and one recent one happens to be a heart surgeon. I've spoken to him and am following his advice by ordering what he called a CTA CatScan Angio? At any rate, they will be dying my blood and doing a cat scan of sorts. I really at this point don't understand it all, but he says it's the ultimate way to be sure. I am spending much of the rest of the day meeting a new Doc here and mapping out how to approach the problem, with the CTA as being part of it. I'm just the hatter here so I will of course listen to the "pros", much like I have clients listen to my thoughts. They don't always take the advice, but they listen. lol

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Art: the best advice I ever got concerning Doctors and more complicated "procedures" is that you should always have someone with you that you trust when a doctor discusses the problem and possible tests and solutions. When you're distressed and uncomfortable it's hard to make decisions and pay attenion. Having an "advocate" there (say...Janine) to ask questions and remember what he says is very important.
Sad to say, most doctors aren't always as good at what they do as your are at what you do...

Razzman

One Too Many
Art, it's time to slow down. Perhaps a vacation or R&R is in order. Good luck with Dr's. I know what you're going through, as I too just received some bad news from my Dr. The uncertainty in waiting for a diagnosis or waiting to schedule a proceedure or surgury that causes additional stress. All you can do is to try and take it easy for the time being.

Canyon

Familiar Face
Art, I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell and I sincerely hope that you are feeling better soon.

Take care of yourself. Your health is more important than anything. ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Art, Do you need a Rogue River reel?

Fewer Chores/More Fishing
Fewer Hats/More Fishing
Less Stress/More Fishing
Worry Less/Fish More

Close the shop from Thanksgiving until January 2 each year.

Slow down and take it easy, my friend.

Thinking of you,

Carter

Ande1964

Practically Family
Art,

I know I'm late to chime in, but I wanted to add my well wishes to this thread. Take care of yourself, man!

Best,
Anj

MattC

A-List Customer
Dear Art

You are such a gentleman, and dealing with you is such a delight. The many friends you have here are a reflection of what a treasure of a human being you are. Be well, be happy.

Matt

anon`

One Too Many
Art,

Everyone else pretty much already said everything, so I'm just gonna say that I'm repeating them all!

I don't think, though, it would hurt if you sometimes at least pretended to be retired! Perhaps if you took a vacation from it? ;)

Glad to hear that it's nothing major, and I'm sure that the fish will start to cooperate soon, to boot! :D

-Justin

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
Mr. Lucky, your comments are exactly what I need!! What was I thinking taking a day off?? There is just WAY too much to do here to be sick. Don't worry, I'll dock my timecard accordingly. :D
So, you ol' coot, you done yet, or what? All this golly-washin' about fishin' and relaxin'! Blah, blah, blah. Next thing you know people'll start talkin' about their feel-ings! It's makin' me wanna toss by tofu! If I ate the vile crap. Alright, alright. I'll give you one, okay, TWO days to find out what the hell is wrong and get it dun and fixed! After that, well, it's just nuttin' but excuses.

(Come on, some one has to play the cantankerous old putz! And I'm just the putz to do it!)

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Be well

Hi Art,

I hope you get well quickly. Like all of the sentiments posted, your health and continued friendship is highly valued amongst us all. We can all wait for the hats (those ordered and planning to order).

Take care!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy