Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

jkingrph

Practically Family
Here's best wishes and prayers that everything goes ok and you get well soon. As for smoking, please try to stop. My father smoked all his life, had a minor heart attack at about age 62, I was home and recognized symptoms and made him call his dr. We got him to hospital, mainly for diagnosis, and he lived another 20 years, but did not stop smoking. He sneaked around me like a kid just starting.

I thought he had lucked out, no lung cancer or emphysema, but that last year when he had some more problems I saw his legs. They had withered away to toothpick size, due to diminished circulation.

So much for the preaching, just slow down, lower your stress and enjoy life.

Regards

Jeff

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
Good luck

Art

Best of luck with the procedure. I am currently recovering from major heart surgery myself and so I know what you're going through. You will be fine - the things they can do these days are unbelievable!

MB

analogist

One of the Regulars
SOME GREAT NEWS

I spoke with Art last night and his procedure went flawlessly. The Docs found his heart in fine shape with no blockages or problems. I guess he will take a bit of rest time and be back to the blocks and flanges soon.

No, I don't think he will be able to play the violin but he will still be able to produce some of the greatest hats for those demanding the best.

I would suggest not calling till next week to give the old codger some good rest time.

It's a wonderful feeling to have our good buddy safe, sound, and healthy!

analogist

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
analogist said:
I spoke with Art last night and his procedure went flawlessly. The Docs found his heart in fine shape with no blockages or problems ...

That's very good news indeed. I'm glad everything went well and no issues were found.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Analogist, thanks for the great news!

Hope to hear that you're back to your old tricks soon, Art. :)

feltfan

Art Fawcett said:
OK, truthfully, maybe I AM going nuts, but "mums the word" :eusa_doh:

Art
Gee, I go away for a week and look what happens.
Catching up on this thread, I'm glad to hear you got
a second opinion and more information, and that the
procedure went well.

Some of your symptoms remind me of a time when my father was very
tired in the afternoons and his doctor thought he might have
a neurological condition. The doctor prescribed more coffee,
more chocolate, and more sex, in order to stimulate the nerves.
It turned out to be a bacterial ulcer, easily cured with antibiotics.
But my father took the prescription seriously.

I know you've "felt" better, hope you're "brimming" with health soon!

BobC

Lefty said:
I have got to switch health insurance! lol

I've got to switch doctors. What was your father's doctor's name?lol lol

I'm glad to hear Art got this good news. I've been wondering.

Speaking for myself, I can wait for Art's hat that he's making for me to wear until he feels ready to go again. But this time, Art, you might want to go a little slower. Here's to your health.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
Speaking for myself, I can wait for Art's hat that he's making for me to wear until he feels ready to go again. But this time, Art, you might want to go a little slower. Here's to your health.

I told Art that I was not in a hurry for a hat I ordered (prior to his health concerns) and I swear he just worked faster! :eusa_doh:
Really glad to hear you are ok. Hope you take a well deserved rest.

Stan

A-List Customer
Whew!

Hi,

I was thinking of Art on and off here, coming in every hour or two to see if there was an update. I'm so glad that things went smoothly there.

Stan

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Art, remember your own words:

Let me run this by you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I am almost settled ( that will take a while) in my new life as a hatter without all of the other stuff to consider I have been asking myself alot.."Just what is it you really want to do in the field" and I think I have come up with my answer. I want to create truly original pieces, but grounded in the past. I think the only way I can do this is by creating limited edition hats of the very best materials I can obtain. One of the reasons ( the main reason actually) that they will have to be limited edition is that I am using ONLY vintage ribbon. I don't mean "vintage looking", or "New Vintage ( an oxymoron), or "Vintage Style", but real honest to goodness 1930s and '40s trims. I have been collecting ribbon for years and have WAY too much ( according to my wife) but only have specific ribbons in small quantities. In short, when designing a hat I will have to limit them to the amount of ribbon I have on hand, then never again produce them. This way I will never be in danger of becoming a "hat factory" and hopefully keep it fun for me.
Please allow me to indulge my fantasy and introduce you to the first of these. Based on early thirties specs..but with a little license to increase the brim width to 2 5/8 with a 5 3/4 crown and 23 ligne ribbon, color "Mojave " and inspired by a late twenties Dobbs in my collection..I'm calling it the "Eddie G" in pure beaver that others rate as 1000X or 1500X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24