Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
That is great. Need to change the title of this thread from "Some bad news" to "Some good news" or "Some bad news early on which turned out in fact to be not so bad news and then good news."

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Art, I'm just catching up with this thread but I wanted to add my note and let you know that you're more than a lounge member - you're a precious natural resource!

Glad to hear that the reports are good, and I hope that you can find a way to re-balance your days with a bit more time to smell the roses. ;)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
However . . .

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing things that will enhance your cardio vascular health.
I had angioplasty in 1994 and have never had problems since, but I also do several things to help myself.
I don't exercise like I should, but I do take a small aspirin every day. I also take Co-enzyme Q-10 daily. This stuff promotes growth of collateral arteries in the heart (and in the brain, by the way). Also L-carnetine, L-argenine, and omega 3 fish oils are good. I'm a big believer in fish oils.
Of course aside from vitamin X (exercise), vitamin L (LUUVVVVV) and vitamin Z (stacking up those Z's) are important. Take it easy Art.
Glad to know you're feeling better.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
I also take Co-enzyme Q-10 daily. This stuff promotes growth of collateral arteries in the heart (and in the brain, by the way).
What is this stuff?
Last time I went to the doc they acted like I was crazy cos I wasn't taking an asparin everyday! I thought it was bad for yer stomach but app. not.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The enteric aspirin is only 81 grains per tablet, 1/4th a regular size one. It's coated so it doesn't dissolve till it gets to your small intestine, thus not damaging the stomach. They've shown that all you really need is 30 grains every other day to get the required benefit. Aspirin reduces the blood's tendency to clot. A little will help prevent clots that can clog arteries, but won't cause you to bleed to death if you cut your finger.
Co-enzyme Q10 is, I believe, an amino acid, the basic building block of proteins, as is L-argenine, L-carnitine, etc.. This is not the appropriate place to delve into heart health issues. It's got a lot of aspects. One is the idea that cholesterol is not really the culprit at all, but inflammation. But I'd suggest anyone who's interested do their due diligence by Googling.
Anyway, I'm just glad that Art is feeling better.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm soooo glad you are going to be feeling better soon!

And I very glad for a selfish reason...I noticed your health went downhill after eating at my house! lol Glad I'm not to blame or the entire Lounge would be after me. :eek:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
lol lol lol lol
I would NEVER blame anything on the meal you served VB, nothing but compliments coming from this direction.:eusa_clap

Sure know how to hurt a guy Lefty, using my own words against me..[huh]
but I gotta tell you, it's still fun. I just need a little less fun for the moment.

Thank you folks for your words & thoughts. You have no idea how much they have helped or how much they are appreciated.

As my friend Analogist stated, the Cardiologist gave me ( technically, the wife) a big "thumbs up" on my heart condition so from this point on, even though the source of the pains have not come to light, it's ALL down hill. As soon as I can walk straight again I'll be throwing a one man party here on the mountain...Crown Royal for everyone!!!lol lol

For those of you concerned about my smoking, since my lungs are still in good shape ( relatively speaking) please know the Doc has prescribed some assistance and the target date is 8/15 for ending that part of my routine. it seems like the timing is right.

Geeze, if I'm not careful, I'm liable to get downright healthy!!

Oh, and for all you young guys & gals, I gotta tell you, gettin old SUCKS!! It's to be avoided if you can. :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Jeez, you guys have been working this fella to a frazzle! :D Glad to hear he's passed the first hurdle. He must be wondering what the problem REALLY is but it must come as a relief to have the ticker cleared. Wishing well and that whatever the cause of the discomfort, they find it, determine it's easily treatable and get him back to feeling better soon. Then, maybe a more leisurely pace will keep it "FUN" as he says.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Glad to hear you'll be quitting smoking. Health reasons aside, I think you'll see tons of benefits. You've got tons of support here, and I hope you take advantage of it!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just caught this thread, I don't get the chance to visit the Lounge as much I used to any more. It's great to hear your heart is healthy Art, I hope you are feeling 100% better really soon!

duggap

Banned
Art, I can't tell you how to quit as it is individual to all of us, but I can tell you that if you do you will be so glad you did. I quit five years ago and I am so pleased I no longer smoke. I do know that wanting to quit actually does help. Good luck and make this your "lucky strike".:) Oh and none of my new VS hats smell like smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass