Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
REST HELL!!!! I'm behind already and just lost two weeks!! lol lol

Seriously, I am SO ready to be back in the shop instead of Doctor's offices. No offense to my Doctor friends but you can only read so many magazines and flirt with only so many nurses...well...I haven't hit my limit there yet..but you know what I mean.
I AM making some changes though. On the advice of the Doc and the threats from my wife, I'm closing down the shop at 5PM just like other businesses instead of the 10-11 pm I've been doing for the last couple of years. There have been questions of "how you do so many hats?" , the answer is ...hours. Lots of them.

Miss Crisplock, I'd be honored to be your "quit smoking" buddy!! I start the Chantix today and will throw the smokes away next Friday. The Doc was pretty adamant about the program laid out so I'm following it.

Art Fawcett said:
REST HELL!!!! I'm behind already and just lost two weeks!! lol lol

Seriously, I am SO ready to be back in the shop instead of Doctor's offices. No offense to my Doctor friends but you can only read so many magazines and flirt with only so many nurses...well...I haven't hit my limit there yet..but you know what I mean.
I AM making some changes though. On the advice of the Doc and the threats from my wife, I'm closing down the shop at 5PM just like other businesses instead of the 10-11 pm I've been doing for the last couple of years. There have been questions of "how you do so many hats?" , the answer is ...hours. Lots of them.

Miss Crisplock, I'd be honored to be your "quit smoking" buddy!! I start the Chantix today and will throw the smokes away next Friday. The Doc was pretty adamant about the program laid out so I'm following it.

Quiting smoking at the same time? Wow! Now there is a double whammy. ;) :D
I heard Chantix will make it feel like you never smoked cigs and don't want to start. :D
Ah nurses. ;) :p

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
"I start the Chantix today and will throw the smokes away next Friday. The Doc was pretty adamant about the program laid out so I'm following it."

Thanks Art!! Sounds like you've got a week free of worry just building up the Chantix in your system. Enjoy!

DrSpeed

One of the Regulars
I sometimes joke to my patients that I'm a fool to advise them to quit smoking; there's so much work in it for me if they just keep at it...vascular problems, heart attacks, strokes, lung disease...the list goes on and on :( .
I'm sure you can do it, Art. A man who can make hats as great as yours is certainly able to stop smoking.

TimBer

New in Town
After smoking for over 30 years my dad spent his 50th birthday in the E.R. short of breath with chest pain. He has not had a cigarette since and turned 60 last month. I'm sure you will have no problem giving 'em up.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I quite smoking about 10 years ago. Finally reached the point where I wanted to quite and did it cold turkey. It was tough for acouple weeks, but you make it though it and I now feel it was one of the smartest choices I have ever made. There are a bunch of us rooting for you Art and we know what you will be going thru. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Glad to hear the procedure went well Art, and that your heart is in fine shape. :eusa_clap

Good luck on quitting smoking. I have a few aunts and uncles that have quit smoking over the years, so I know it definitely can be done.

Ricbob

New in Town
Art

Sorry i havent spoken to you in awhile. Hope you are doing well. Think i will avoid any conversations until you have kicked the smoking habit!!

Take care and best of luck to you.

Rick

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
Great news the cath showed no blockages. Much better result than I had a few years back. Believe me, it's way better to do this procedure before you have a heart attack :eusa_doh: . Quitting smoking is one of the best gifts you can give your friends and loved ones.

All the best, Kevin

Quiting smoking is as individual as the person quiting is, that is for sure.

My dad had a heart attack and quit, pretty much no problem. My dad's force of will was pretty high. My mom never could, she was in the hospital about 6 years ago and came home after a month of no smoking, technically she was past the physical addiction time period, started smoking again with in a couple of days.

My uncle Arthur quit, and used a technique where he bought one big cheap cigar, when he really wanted to smoke he'd light it and take a puff or two. After a short period of days this cigar tasted so nasty, that he was able to stop wanting to smoke.

I have friends that said they while may have quit 20 years ago, they still dream about smoking.

That's why I always say don't start, for too many people it is too hard to quit.

Do you want smoking to control your life, or do you want to contol your life?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone have an update on Arts progress. I imagine stopping smoking is gonna drive him alittle batty for a few days. I know we are all in his corner in this fight. :eusa_clap

Stoney

Practically Family
Bart,
It's not that bad with the Chantix to help. The only problem I had was the side effects ie weird dreams, I can't remember too many that I had bit there were some real duesys among them. lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Stoney said:
Bart,
It's not that bad with the Chantix to help. The only problem I had was the side effects ie weird dreams, I can't remember too many that I had bit there were some real duesys among them. lol

Thats great. I was a bit testy when I quit.:rolleyes:

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
You're such nice people.

I eat like a wild..well, let's just say if I were on Lizzie Maine's ration book diet I would be in the pokey for buying black market goods, or for doing something cranky.

In the morning I do the fourth coat of paint in my treatment room.

Hmm. Some people must be better at this.

Art, How are you doing? It has been a while, almost a week. The first 48 hours are the worst; after that it really isn't a physical craving, but I sure couldn't tell the difference. I hope this is going easy for you, and remember, if you slip, just quit again.

Good Luck, We're pulling for you!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I didn't make it through the weekend Miss Crisplock, but then the wife left on Monday for a visit with the Grandkids so it's been easier ( she still smokes).
I AM having a bit of trouble focussing so, when it gets bad, I leave the shop & do something else.
Today is better..tomorrow will be even better yet. All in all, it's gonna happen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm