Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Stoney said:
Bart,
It's not that bad with the Chantix to help. The only problem I had was the side effects ie weird dreams, I can't remember too many that I had bit there were some real duesys among them. lol
I quit about 6 years ago but I remember the strange dreams, too. I would dream about smoking, that talking cig from the cartoon "Bloom County", etc.
BUT the dreams went away and I felt better from the first smoke-free day. Good Luck Art!

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Art Fawcett said:
I didn't make it through the weekend Miss Crisplock, but then the wife left on Monday for a visit with the Grandkids so it's been easier ( she still smokes).
I AM having a bit of trouble focussing so, when it gets bad, I leave the shop & do something else.
Today is better..tomorrow will be even better yet. All in all, it's gonna happen

Glad to hear you're plugging away at it. It is easier when there isn't another smoker near, but it is still worth trying.

Sounds like you're on your way. Keep up the good work.

Are you eating like a fiend? If not, you might give it a whirl.;)

Art Fawcett said:
I didn't make it through the weekend Miss Crisplock, but then the wife left on Monday for a visit with the Grandkids so it's been easier ( she still smokes).
I AM having a bit of trouble focussing so, when it gets bad, I leave the shop & do something else.
Today is better..tomorrow will be even better yet. All in all, it's gonna happen

I am sure you can conquer it. The thing is that you really have to want to. :p ;) There is always Crown Royal. ;)

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Best of luck, Art!!

jamespowers said:
I am sure you can conquer it. The thing is that you really have to want to. :p ;) There is always Crown Royal. ;)

Art- Lots of love and affection is pretty helpful too!! I've never been a smoker but I did get addicted to pain meds following an accident a few years back so I have the greatest respect for anyone who struggles with that!!

Most importantly, Art, we are all rooting for ya! We want you around making hats and chopping wood for a long time to come!! Best,
Tim

carldelo

One Too Many
Art: I smoked for 20+ years and quit in 2000. As my wife will attest, I was a crabby pain in the ass for at least 9 months. At the time I was computer programming quite heavily, and was taking frequent smoking breaks. When I quit, the breaks would drive me nuts with no smokes. I wound up walking around the block fast instead of smoking. The key for me was to do something physical whenever the urge arose, although late at night the physical activity was usually hoisting a beer. Anyway, I suggest deciding on a direct (hopefully healthy) one-to-one replacement for the act of smoking, and try to stick to it. I too had some bizarre dreams along the way, but this was before chantix. Good luck - I was pretty far gone, so if I could quit, then I think almost anybody else should be able to do it eventually (if you're stubborn and ornery enough). Cheers, Carl

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Duggap,
All is well here as long as I stay away from things I can mess up or hurt me.lol
It's been over a week now and the Chantix is working well but as a 45 yr smoker this ain't a walk in the park. I'm gradually working in more hats and still staying away from sharp objects so it should be downhill soon.

duggap

Banned
That's great, Art. Just remember when you come out the other end you will be soo happy you quit. You will wonder why you didn't do it twenty years sooner. I smoked for forty years and quit. Of course I had to come down with throat cancer before I did. But keep up the effort and good luck.:eusa_clap

tortswon

Practically Family
Changing the Title

Can anyone do something to change the title of this thread? Speaking only for myself, I get a little worried every time I see a new posting that something else is wrong. Can't we rename it something like "Turning it around?" Thanks, Sam

PS We are all glad to hear about your getting things back together after your scare, Art. Fight those butts!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Hi Duggap,
All is well here as long as I stay away from things I can mess up or hurt me.lol
It's been over a week now and the Chantix is working well but as a 45 yr smoker this ain't a walk in the park. I'm gradually working in more hats and still staying away from sharp objects so it should be downhill soon.

Thanks for updating us on your progress, Art. I'm glad to know it's working out alright so far. I definitely admire your will power.

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
No walk in the park, but it's good to hear you're making progress.:eusa_clap

Remember, it's only 21 days. 21 days of non-smoking should see you over the cravings etc. Maybe once in a while you'll feel a fleeting urge but that's it. 21 days and it's out of your system.

;)

Al

One of the Regulars
Warbaby said:
Sorry to hear of your medical uncertainties. Best thing you can do is relax and put business on the back burner. While it may seem like heresy in this corner of the bar, your health is more important than hats. Really it is.

Well said, "health is more important than hats. Really it is."

Art, take care of #1, best wishes to you for health, and much happiness from Northern California.

-Al

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Thats great Art. I can certainly attest to what duggap said. Once you make it through to the other side of the cravings you will wonder why you didn't quit a long, long time ago. I feel quiting smoking is one of the toughest things to do, but the nicest gift you could ever give your friends and family.:eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
Hi Duggap,

The best of luck Art! I know you can do it... any one that can make a hat like you can ... can beat a habit like tobacco.

I used to chew my tobacco... been quit 3 years this next January.
The key is ... you just have to want to do it.

Remember you have a great many friends here that are keeping you in their prayers!!!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Sorry For Not Being Around :(

Hello fellow loungers ,sorry for not being around but on august 12th I was rear ended at 65 mph ,pushed off the highway into a guardrail and then sent flying back up onto the highway.

After getting out of the hospital it's been very hard ,learning to walk again and severe back pain and headaches from the severe whiplash that I suffered .
Iv'e been in quite a "fog" since it happened and its been tuff trying to get back to my old self.

In fact it's tuff just sitting here typing this but I just wanted to let all my friends here on the lounge know that I miss you guys and hope to be back on ,on a regular basis some time in the near future depending on how my P.T. goes .

Included are a few pictures of my now totalled car (thank God I wasnt in the model A )and the huge truck that took me out .
Im just glad to be alive and thank God for my guardian angel because mine was with me on that day .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

This is what took me out .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112