Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some fit pics...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I have that same jacket in black Steer and same size. I'd also agree with the added body & sleeve length to this jacket.

yakima

One of the Regulars
To the OP...

If you shoot across to the "What Jacket Am I Wearing Today" thread, look on page 39, post no. 769, you will see Nick123, a regular on here, posing in a very nice brown hide jacket, not a million miles from the one you want.

It has been liked by 8 FLers, including folks who have said on here that you need a longer jacket.

However, if you look at jacket, it is NO LONGER than the test jacket you are wearing.

As I said before - if you want a cool, vintage jacket, the length is fine. No need to add ANY length. On the other hand, if you want a modern, over long jacket (to compensate for hipster jeans) you can get these anywhere, for much less money than Aero.......

Just sayin.....

coolruehl

New in Town
Have the whole body picture? (include the foot and head)
let us know the ratio of whole body would be helpful to decide the body length

yakima

One of the Regulars
Have the whole body picture? (include the foot and head)
let us know the ratio of whole body would be helpful to decide the body length

The issue is where it sits relative to your hips (and the top of your trousers).
Whether you have long legs/neck or short makes no difference

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The issue is where it sits relative to your hips (and the top of your trousers).
Whether you have long legs/neck or short makes no difference

Generally one who has long legs will have a short torso which is my situation. Although I am 6'2" my torso is somewhat short in relation to my height. Hence a jacket with a 26" back will easily cover my belt, whereas someone with a long torso / short legs might need a 27" to 28" back which seems to apply to the OP. The Cafe Racer / Sheene is designed with a ~1" longer body length than the HWM. My Sheene is 27" and think the OP could easily go with a 28" back, maybe even 28.5".

Dugafola

New in Town
after careful deliberation and back and forth with TB, i'm adding 1-inch to sleeves and length.

the rest of the details:
brown FQHH - dark preferred
no gussets
v-yoke
ball zipp pulls
antique brass hardware
interior pocket with snap
standard 3 pocket front

now the waiting game.

once again thanks to all who chimed in. i've read pretty much every single applicable thread to this purchase on this forum. an enabling sort over here....not as bad as the Viberg forum on SF though.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925