Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some fit pics...

Dugafola

New in Town
here's a size 42 cafe racer in steer from aero. I'm leaning towards FQHH for the leather and the jacket will end up being a sheene.

i have a couple basic thoughts in lengthening body and sleeves by 1". gusset vs no gusset still TBD. I'll void the back kidney panel in favor of a v-yoke.

i'm 6'3" and 200 lbs.

any other thoughts on fitment?

thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg
IMG_4315.JPG

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
+2 inch on body length, if u can still zip it up at bottom then (might get close to ur broader hips).

Other than that, go without gussets, much cleaner look and they are not very practical. I'd also go without the two zip handwarmer pockets, and only have the two breast pockets. It's such a classic look and imho a CR looks too busy with four pockets. Get an inside pocket for your wallet instead.

lina

Practically Family
I would say that i actually like the gussets, both looks wise and because they give me a bit extra give when i reach for something. To each his own of course...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
+2 inch on body length, if u can still zip it up at bottom then (might get close to ur broader hips).

Other than that, go without gussets, much cleaner look and they are not very practical. I'd also go without the two zip handwarmer pockets, and only have the two breast pockets. It's such a classic look and imho a CR looks too busy with four pockets. Get an inside pocket for your wallet instead.
I disagree. I have a 4 pocket cafe racer, two actually -- brown and black -- and my black one is stunning. The brown is too, lol.

If I had to pick two pockets to delete they'd be the chest pockets. But they are perfect as is.

I know the 2-pocket version omitting the handwarmer pockets is a period correct style, but I like having somewhere to put my hands when they're not on the handlebars!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
If it were me I'd probably go to two inches in the sleeves, but then I like jackets with longer sleeves. All depends how you like the fit.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You appear lean of body with a long torso and broad shoulders. I suspect the Cafe Racer pattern might work to your advantage more than the Board Racer. Maybe add 1/2" to each side panel (1" to the circumference of the waist. Add at least 2" to the body length, maybe a smidgen more. At least 1" to the sleeves, maybe a smidgen more.

I prefer plain back - no shoulder gussets, no kidney panel and shallow V yoke in the back. Maybe a Sheene with HWM vs. August collar. Left chest pocket and one inside pocket without closure. Consider hand warmer pockets without zippers. Those are all my preferences. Ask 25 of us about cosmetics and you'll get 25 different answers. The most important thing is the fit, maybe the only important thing.

yakima

One of the Regulars
Before you can get a realistic answer, my friend, you need to ask yourself a few.

Years ago, when I used to build PCs, folks would ask me "what's the best PC?" - I would always say to them "It depends what you use it for...."

Same with jackets - Are you going for a vintage look, or a modern one? - Are you gonna ride a motorcycle in the jacket, or it is just for walking and driving?

If you want a vintage look, then the length is fine (you just need some vintage cut jeans that aren't down round your hips). Just add an inch or so to the sleeves.

If you want a modern look, and you love low slung "modern" jeans, then FL is probably the wrong place to ask....but you will need a odd looking too long jacket (the malls are full of them).

If you are gonna use a motorcycle and you don't want to freeze your midriff, then you need something longer, and probably something with much more armour than this.

Just sayin.......

Dugafola

New in Town
Before you can get a realistic answer, my friend, you need to ask yourself a few.

i wouldn't say i'm going for any specific look other than to look badass in a slim fitting leather jacket.

i don't ride moto.

thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you go with FQHH go with brown FQHH. The Italian Vicenza in seal brown is the bees knees and worth the up charge. Exceptional look, hand and drape. Although Aero's wool tartan linings are beautiful, I prefer cotton drill for look, feel, and durability. Again just my preference(s).

Dugafola

New in Town
If you go with FQHH go with brown FQHH. The Italian Vicenza in seal brown is the bees knees and worth the up charge. Exceptional look, hand and drape. Although Aero's wool tartan linings are beautiful, I prefer cotton drill for look, feel, and durability. Again just my preference(s).

definitely the brown FQHH. the deep color is amazing...plus that was the wife's first choice.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Brown FQHH is a great choice. The Vincenca is softer and easier to break in, but the colour strikes me as a bit boring compared to Horweens stuff.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Brown FQHH is a great choice. The Vincenca is softer and easier to break in, but the colour strikes me as a bit boring compared to Horweens stuff.
Actually the color of the Vicenza is outstanding, especially the seal brown Vicenza. I agree that Aero's brown FQHH stands virtually alone in that category. For a short, slimmer fitting jacket like the Sheene, I think though I prefer the lighter weight, more flexible Vicenza.

Edward

Bartender
I'd go a littel longer in the sleeves, by 1.5-2". The body I wouldn't length - I think it would throw the proportions all off. Trosuers that come to your waist are the answer (modern Levis, 501s in particular, are ridiculously low. I got rid of a couple of pairs of 501s for that reason).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'd go a littel longer in the sleeves, by 1.5-2". The body I wouldn't length - I think it would throw the proportions all off. Trosuers that come to your waist are the answer (modern Levis, 501s in particular, are ridiculously low. I got rid of a couple of pairs of 501s for that reason).

I think Edward brings up a valid point regarding increasing jacket length possibly throwing off proportions of the jacket. Given your body proportions, maybe restrict back length to 28" (bottom of collar seam to bottom of jacket). Of course, process what you do regarding all sizing issues with Carrie. Be sure to open a new thread when your jacket arrives that includes pictures and specifics.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner