Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some new boots - can't live on jackets alone...

So, these are on the way. I know this will be a fun thread because people either love or hate these, and I'm OK with that. I've got a closet filled with "normal" boots of all styles, and frankly, I've had the itch for a while.

These are "Thorogood 1892 Portage Series Roofers" in Black CXL hide.
I'm likely going to put on some brown rawhide laces tho to bring out the brown/black in them.

Cheer and jeer away fellas - I've been there before ;)
http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=169

dsc_0075.jpg

dsc_0076.jpg

Owned several pairs of Thorogoods over the years, but none quite like that. It's been years and I didn't know they were still in business. I love a "lace to toe" boot and those look great to me. Enjoy.

Yep, still in business and this is one of their "special" lines which are a PITA to find.
Appreciate the feedback - I know I'll get "bowling shoes" comments and I'm OK with it. I'm not that far outside of the lines normally, but I do like to be different at times. Also, I only have one pair of black boots in the closet - those are strictly for riding Brit bikes with my pals. And since they are loaner bikes, I don't get out that often LOL

Cocker

Practically Family
Love 'em! As said before, they look classic, but the contrasting stitches and sole edge make them trully original at the same time.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Those are great boots. I've been considering these, as well as the similar style from Red Wing - one of these will probably be my next pair of boots. Thorogood is a good company, I like their heritage, their styles and their prices!

glide133

New in Town
Great looking boot's.You can't do much better for your money than thorogood's.Do you have a link for there specialty shoe's?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nasty Dude!! But hey Butte..it's cool that U like them & couldn't give a fig whether I'd wear them or not (been there before) :)

Nasty Dude!! But hey Butte..it's cool that U like them & couldn't give a fig whether I'd wear them or not (been there before) :)
100% Could I possibly post those up NOT thinking some would hate them? I gave up caring about that sort of thing long ago, but I won't lie, I like to come in here and get nice comments as much as the next guy/gal.
In this case, I knew with absolute certainty that I'd get some guff. And that's just fine, because somehow, women tend to love this crazier stuff ;)

bn1966

No abuse (guff) over those horrors Sir but, I always believe that honesty is the best policy...I'd have to be cold & blue before those monsters ended up on my 'Plates of meat' & my wife would divorce me too :)

bn1966

Wife calls them 'IFFY' but if you like them then "what the heck"! Seriously.. I might wear them :)

Well luckily, I don't know your wife ;)
LOL, I didn't show my wife - I am dying to see what she says when they arrive. I saw some cool pics of guys wearing with denim and they look great (to me eyes). We'll see. I'll shoot your wife some pics when I get them... :p

glide133

New in Town
I like them,I've owned a few pair back in the 70's and early 80's.They weren't as popular as some other boots but they were relatively cheap in the army/navy store's.We called the lil abner's In the bronx...true story.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ