Some new boots - can't live on jackets alone...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ButteMT61, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

So, these are on the way. I know this will be a fun thread because people either love or hate these, and I'm OK with that. I've got a closet filled with "normal" boots of all styles, and frankly, I've had the itch for a while.

These are "Thorogood 1892 Portage Series Roofers" in Black CXL hide.
    I'm likely going to put on some brown rawhide laces tho to bring out the brown/black in them.

Cheer and jeer away fellas - I've been there before ;)
    http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=169

dsc_0075.jpg

dsc_0076.jpg

2. mr_lits

mr_lits A-List Customer

I really like 'em but I think their Dodgeville is more up my alley. Either way great American made boots... from my old stomping grounds (pun intended).
    dodgeville-cog.jpg

lina, ButteMT61 and ton312 like this.
  3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Owned several pairs of Thorogoods over the years, but none quite like that. It's been years and I didn't know they were still in business. I love a "lace to toe" boot and those look great to me. Enjoy.

ButteMT61 likes this.
  4. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Like them. Distinctive but not self-consciously so. The terracotta edging on the sole is a nice touch, gives them a bit of oomph but softens the dominant black colour.

Edward and ButteMT61 like this.
  5. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

I think they look great, as Sloan said they are just different enough to stand out a bit and they would look great on a bike.

ButteMT61 likes this.
  6. feltfan

feltfan My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice! Doesn't look like they make my kind of width though. I'm gonna have to stick to Wesco. IMG_3814.JPG

davyjones007 and ButteMT61 like this.
  7. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Yep, still in business and this is one of their "special" lines which are a PITA to find.
    Appreciate the feedback - I know I'll get "bowling shoes" comments and I'm OK with it. I'm not that far outside of the lines normally, but I do like to be different at times. Also, I only have one pair of black boots in the closet - those are strictly for riding Brit bikes with my pals. And since they are loaner bikes, I don't get out that often LOL

8. Cocker

Cocker Practically Family

Love 'em! As said before, they look classic, but the contrasting stitches and sole edge make them trully original at the same time.

ButteMT61 likes this.
  9. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

Those are great boots. I've been considering these, as well as the similar style from Red Wing - one of these will probably be my next pair of boots. Thorogood is a good company, I like their heritage, their styles and their prices!

ButteMT61 likes this.
  10. glide133

glide133 New in Town

Great looking boot's.You can't do much better for your money than thorogood's.Do you have a link for there specialty shoe's?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. buler

buler I'll Lock Up

ButteMT61 and glide133 like this.
  12. glide133

glide133 New in Town

Thank you

13. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Yeah, it is in my first post:
    http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=169

All the different 1892's are on they left side...great stuff.

14. glide133

glide133 New in Town

Thanks

ButteMT61 likes this.
  15. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Nasty Dude!! But hey Butte..it's cool that U like them & couldn't give a fig whether I'd wear them or not (been there before) :)

16. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

100% Could I possibly post those up NOT thinking some would hate them? I gave up caring about that sort of thing long ago, but I won't lie, I like to come in here and get nice comments as much as the next guy/gal.
    In this case, I knew with absolute certainty that I'd get some guff. And that's just fine, because somehow, women tend to love this crazier stuff ;)

17. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

No abuse (guff) over those horrors Sir but, I always believe that honesty is the best policy...I'd have to be cold & blue before those monsters ended up on my 'Plates of meat' & my wife would divorce me too :)

18. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Wife calls them 'IFFY' but if you like them then "what the heck"! Seriously.. I might wear them :)

19. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Well luckily, I don't know your wife ;)
    LOL, I didn't show my wife - I am dying to see what she says when they arrive. I saw some cool pics of guys wearing with denim and they look great (to me eyes). We'll see. I'll shoot your wife some pics when I get them... :p

20. glide133

glide133 New in Town

I like them,I've owned a few pair back in the 70's and early 80's.They weren't as popular as some other boots but they were relatively cheap in the army/navy store's.We called the lil abner's In the bronx...true story.

TREEMAN likes this.