Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some new boots - can't live on jackets alone...

nabottle

A-List Customer
So, these are on the way. I know this will be a fun thread because people either love or hate these, and I'm OK with that. I've got a closet filled with "normal" boots of all styles, and frankly, I've had the itch for a while.

These are "Thorogood 1892 Portage Series Roofers" in Black CXL hide.
I'm likely going to put on some brown rawhide laces tho to bring out the brown/black in them.

Cheer and jeer away fellas - I've been there before ;)
http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=169

View attachment 43671

View attachment 43672
These look exceptional!

sw709

Familiar Face
Love my Thorogood boots...one of the best values out there! I'm on my third pair.

Here's one pair that I had resoled by Brian the Bootmaker----
image_zpswan765sj.jpeg
image%202_zpswz6ytuju.jpeg
image%203_zpskgad3ovb.jpeg

those are great, @sw709! Very nice. I'm actually shocked that there was so little smack laid down on me for these. Once they come, I'll get some pics with jeans and see if you can be swayed over to liking them too.
If the tax return is good, I'll pop for a brown CXL pair too.

sw709

Familiar Face
those are great, @sw709! Very nice. I'm actually shocked that there was so little smack laid down on me for these. Once they come, I'll get some pics with jeans and see if you can be swayed over to liking them too.
If the tax return is good, I'll pop for a brown CXL pair too.
Warning! These boots can be addictive. Be prepared....;)

Great looking pair of boots, Butte! I've eyeballed a pair of those myself, just haven't decided about parting with the loot yet. You didn't prefer the two-tone ones?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Great looking pair of boots, Butte! I've eyeballed a pair of those myself, just haven't decided about parting with the loot yet. You didn't prefer the two-tone ones?

I liked the two-tone and they also teased with a pair of "Gridiron" that didn't go to production. Made from football leather and honestly, I like those too!
These are different from the normal Roofer line - a different boot really and more money of course.

Check these out:
gridiron-afl.jpg

Good looking ones, though. I like the color of those a lot. Looks good with the white sole and laces.

So these suckers came in just now - AMAZING boots! Talk about substantial - they feel like they would last longer than I've got left on this planet.
I will take some pics later after I get showered and dressed, etc. but I'll say this - these things are so comfortable out of the box that they will require NO break-in. And they are serious boots -- I don't think I've ever owned a pair that are as solid as these are. Gotta get some brown laces later...

I'd safely say that these run about 1/2 size large. That may or may not be an issue for some. I'll take a little large over a little small. Just an FYI as I've read that Thorogood tend to run a lil larger and these do.

Reactions: RJR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ