Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some new boots - can't live on jackets alone...

Sorry to annoy with another pic, but I am determined to wear things and not just buy this year.
The boots are amazing. I'm sorta used to the weight now, and everywhere I go, I get asked what they are - in a good way.

Wearing with the new Gustin Japan 21's. If I were to break my stint on the spending wagon, I'd get the brown in Horse Hide as well.
View attachment 44780

I love the look of these boots. I am a big Danner fan, owner of 10 pairs, and the style aspect I like is the almost lace to toe but these "roofers" are stunning and may have to break my Danner habit and bite on a pair of these.

Those are a different boot altogether - and much more affordable.
You can get the black or brown on Amazon for under $200 too. Those are their basic roofer workbook lineup. That is what I was going to get until I happened upon the Wisconsin series special boots.
Where did you buy the Wisconsin? A goodle search only turns up the standard roofer with the white sole....different and not nearly as striking a boot. I want the model you have.

I love the look of these boots. I am a big Danner fan, owner of 10 pairs, and the style aspect I like is the almost lace to toe but these "roofers" are stunning and may have to break my Danner habit and bite on a pair of these.
One of the benefits is that the fit feels more custom, being able to lace to toe.
I'd also like to mention again that they are likely 1/2 size larger than my normal 13, so I'd probably try a 1/2 size down if possible. Sadly, there are no 12.5.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those are a different boot altogether - and much more affordable.
You can get the black or brown on Amazon for under $200 too. Those are their basic roofer workbook lineup. That is what I was going to get until I happened upon the Wisconsin series special boots.
Is it not the same boot, in a different leather?

Edward

Bartender
It's really funny how many here are seemingly adverse to these boots! We've a lust for the old school stuff, and I can't grasp the hesitation on this style.

A few years ago, I fell in with a pair of CAT brand boots with a similar lacing arrangement. They just sort of followed me home... by which I mean they were on eBay, new / end of line stock, for twenty quid, and nobody else bit on them.... Retainl would have been well over the ton. I wasn't sure at first, but they really grew on me and now I love them. I've been looking at those roofers for some time, very tempted... Funny how this can happen - when I first arrived here, I'd never have wanted an Irvin or a Grizzly, but the things that grow on you...

Is it not the same boot, in a different leather?
It's more of a higher-end brand within a brand, if you will. It's a different lineup, with similar styling that their "work boots" lineup has. They have different construction, hides, and soles.
I'd wager that there's nothing wrong with those boots - they may be more enjoyable, I don't know.

The model I bought is a special one paying homage to their start in 1892. Harder to find, and of a higher quality overall.

A few years ago, I fell in with a pair of CAT brand boots with a similar lacing arrangement. They just sort of followed me home... by which I mean they were on eBay, new / end of line stock, for twenty quid, and nobody else bit on them.... Retainl would have been well over the ton. I wasn't sure at first, but they really grew on me and now I love them. I've been looking at those roofers for some time, very tempted... Funny how this can happen - when I first arrived here, I'd never have wanted an Irvin or a Grizzly, but the things that grow on you...
I looked at roofers now for maybe 3+ years. Always got such negative feedback when I posted up pics that I was turned off to the idea, thinking I was just nuts. But then I happened upon the different lineup and saw some pics in Germany. I pretty much made up my mind after that and didn't care. Glad I did. They're really my current favorite boots. My son will have to figure out what to do with them when I'm gone because they're way too large for him and they'll outlast me. Maybe he can use them as flower pots...

Edward

Bartender
I've been keeping an eye out for them in the UK, though the UK Thorogood website only has the version with the white rubber sole, and I'm really not keen on that.

I've been keeping an eye out for them in the UK, though the UK Thorogood website only has the version with the white rubber sole, and I'm really not keen on that.
Hit the guys up that I use. They're working on their site, but are behind. They work directly with WeinbrennerUSA. It was my only means and once they're up, they'll have access to all the lineups. Email them and they'll send pics, etc.

Here's their info:

Hi Scott

We're working on it (website) as we speak. Hoping to have it up within the month. In the meantime feel free to give your buddies our store email: milworksmke@gmail.com
and ask for Jason or my brother Jesse.
We also have pics of all the boots available we can send out to them if they'd like.

Edward

Bartender
Hit the guys up that I use. They're working on their site, but are behind. They work directly with WeinbrennerUSA. It was my only means and once they're up, they'll have access to all the lineups. Email them and they'll send pics, etc.

Here's their info:

Hi Scott

We're working on it (website) as we speak. Hoping to have it up within the month. In the meantime feel free to give your buddies our store email: milworksmke@gmail.com
We also have pics of all the boots available we can send out to them if they'd like.

Thanks, I'll look into that over the next couple of months (wont be this as I've just splurged on some SJC engineers!). :)

nabottle

A-List Customer

Here's their info:

Hi Scott

You're a Good Bad influence. Using the info. you gave, I contacted them and ordered a pair of Black HH from Jesse today. I can't wait to get them! Thanks a lot for posting these great photos and all of the information.

nabottle

A-List Customer
I may be a copycat.....
These are a half size smaller than most of my boots, but they seem to be dead on. Initially, they're slightly snug with a very comfortable insole. I measure 9.5D on a Brannock and these are a 9D just like my White's. I guess one of the things I really like about them is that they have similar look to old sneakers in the toe area when looking down at them. They're HH and the price wasn't much different than cowhide, so i figured i might as well get them. Jesse was a great guy to deal with at Milworks Agency and I highly recommend him.
Black portage HH 2.jpg
Black Portage HH.jpg
Black Portage HH 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ