Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some new boots - can't live on jackets alone...

M I L W O R K S | mens goods get them here - big sale on these boots right now - I just bought a pair of black Beliot's. The bowling shoes in HH are only $200 right now black or brown (limited sizes).

Yeah. I got two pairs on the sale - that's five pairs of Thor's. No better boots at this price period. Made in USA. Good company too.
I thought about adding another red wing but decided I like these better overall.

IMG_4596.JPG
Well, I'm screwed. They now have blue Horween.

CBI

One Too Many
Although I have demonstrated little control with high-end leather jackets, I am very smitten with my boots: Red Wing Iron Rangers, Chippewa Apaches, Thorogood Beloit's and SM Wholesale Army Bookdockers. I am totally set for the next 20 years!

Last edited:

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Thanks to ButteMT61 and CBI, I just picked up a pair of the indigo CXL Portage boots from Milworks. These are really good boots; comfortable right out of the box and exudes quality. This is my first pair of Thorogood boots and I am very impressed. Top marks for the Horween leather too - just beautiful.

Noel

Thanks to ButteMT61 and CBI, I just picked up a pair of the indigo CXL Portage boots from Milworks. These are really good boots; comfortable right out of the box and exudes quality. This is my first pair of Thorogood boots and I am very impressed. Top marks for the Horween leather too - just beautiful.

Noel
Congrats! Mine will be here today - on the UPS truck. It will literally be the only pair if boots I have that are not brown/black/russet.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Looking good, sir! I just love the indigo color. Like you, all of my boots up to this point have been black or brown. It's nice to have something a bit different. :)

One thing on these is that the laces are a bit too long for me so I went over to my local Redwing store and got some shorter laces. Now, they are just right. I feel like I cheated a little bit on the Thorogoods going to the Redwing store but I'm sure I will get over it.

Noel

Noel - I ordered a bunch of shorter laces as well since I don't often lace to the top. I was surprised that this pair (I had not noticed in pics) does not have speed loops at the tops. Not a problem, just different than the other two pairs I have.
Wife says this pair is the nicest, but I think that you need 'em all ;)
Even on a day like this where it's too hot to wear a jacket, I have my footwear. That's why I've toned down the jacket buying for a while.
I just realized that my Seiko baby tuna is a perfect match in blue as is the Cockpit MA-1 I got last month. Can't have too much blue...

Thorogood uses an insert. It's fairly beefy. If you take that out they're about a half size larger.
It all depends on the model too.
Some run larger like these.
I don't think they are wide at all. I have a foot that is likely more narrow than wide, but I always wear a D.
If you like thicker socks then get your normal size.
Between socks and insoles I can adjust with both 12 & 13. I have both.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Dude Butte-

Nice boots. Now you need to try the Navy Vicenza lol. I have a pair of Thorogood boots in horsehide that they did with Epaulet. Can't stop thinking of George Thorogood with all of this Thorogood talk...I BOOT ALONE!

*nvm the Vicenza is a shade lighter. Scratch that idea.

Dude Butte-

Nice boots. Now you need to try the Navy Vicenza lol. I have a pair of Thorogood boots in horsehide that they did with Epaulet. Can't stop thinking of George Thorogood with all of this Thorogood talk...I BOOT ALONE!

*nvm the Vicenza is a shade lighter. Scratch that idea.
@nick123 - I was just thinking last night this very thing. "Blue" is not as crazy as it sounds - as you can see above, it's very subtle and lovely. I have a watch that matches it perfectly, and I have a lot of blue shirts *denim, chambray, etc.
I was thinking a Navy Vicenza jacket to go with it after I saw more Vicenza pics here.

I guess Aero via Thurston would be the way to go. I've been selling things so I might be able to swing a jacket this year. Although I have to sell one as that's my rule...

As to George, I know what you mean. These really are ***t-kickers, so they'd match a Bourbon, Scotch, and Whiskey with the Man...plus a beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko