Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone get a decent Jacket to the White House

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
This is in no way a political statement nor is it an invitation for derision of the President. But please someone get Good Wear or Lost Worlds or another U.S. Leather jacket manufacturer to send the White House a decent well fitting A-2. Surely this is not what is being given to Air Force personnel today. Say it ain't so....

o-OBAMA-LEATHER-BOMBER-JACKET-570-1.jpg

I would add to all the moderators if the garbage starts coming out please kill this thread.

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Damn shame. With the President's trim figure, have to think he'd look great in an A-2, if it fit properly.

Yep I agree he would look great in well fitted A-2. I am sure someone in the White House is in charge of this but honestly none of the last few Presidents have had decent looking A-2's.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, my other half turned me while we were watching him on telly this evening, and said: "What do you think of his jacket then?" I had to reply: "Not very much." You'd think the president could at least get somebody to head down to Insurrection for him or something... :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'll bet that it was a gift that it is a G&B at least two sizes too big for him.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I'll bet that it was a gift that it is a G&B at least two sizes too big for him.

I agree I know it is fairly common for U.S. Businesses to offer gifts of their manufacture to the White House. I know JB Hill offered boots to President Bush. I am not sure if an official jacket is gifted or actually ordered by the White House.

schitzo

Suspended
i remember seeing George Bush in an A2 type jacket with Tony Blair and thinking to myself it seemed a bit short and that if I had one I'd want it longer. Though I am certainly no aficionado

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I found 1 here on the web of President H W Bush wearing a G-1 but hey he knew exactly how to wear one though having been a Pilot during WWII. By the way this is a portrait but it looks like it was made from a photo.

Pres_George_H_W_Bush.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Jeeze Lousie you guys are the toughest crowd on earth! LOL. Thank your lucky stars though that Gov. Christie didn't try to squeeze into one (actually that one might fit him) that would've been worse than me!

Worf

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I really wonder how official jackets are awarded to the manufacturer? It could be a bid process or maybe they just pull one from one of the U.S. Arm Services cache of jackets. I think it could be a G&B.

Anybody know??

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
U.S. Wings? They had a "Presidential A2" as I recall during the Bush administration. Or maybe that was just name dropping? At any rate, an awful A2 knockoff doesn't get votes from this segment of the population. :eusa_doh:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Jeeze Lousie you guys are the toughest crowd on earth! LOL. Thank your lucky stars though that Gov. Christie didn't try to squeeze into one (actually that one might fit him) that would've been worse than me!

Worf

Hey got no problem with the President wearing an A2 but I think all of us here would think it would look a lot better if the cut was right. I mean after all we on the Forum are all about the fit. Maybe it's one of those U.S. Wings or Authentics are they cut full? One thing for sure it ain't Lambskin. At least it's Horsehide or Steerhide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy