Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something has been bothering me since I began reading this site...

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Ebeneezer Stingee

You know, the stingy brim, named for Ebeneezer Stingee, the hat tycoon who sold England on shorter brims so he'd use up less felt and make more money.

He's also the one who shortened the crown on bowlers, cut sweat band widths in half and started putting little stickers in the crowns, in place of liners.

Quite an innovator, but also a miser of sorts.:D

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Sam Craig said:
You know, the stingy brim, named for Ebeneezer Stingee, the hat tycoon who sold England on shorter brims so he'd use up less felt and make more money.

He's also the one who shortened the crown on bowlers, cut sweat band widths in half and started putting little stickers in the crowns, in place of liners.

Quite an innovator, but also a miser of sorts.:D

:D lol :eusa_clap

jwalls

Vendor
gtdean48 said:
If you ain't seen a good fight in a while, you best get there early & plan to stay late!!! :eek:
gtdean48; It would probably worth my time to get back east to see that one, but I expect you had better pack your lunch. Gene looks like look like a tough customer! :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

jwalls said:
gtdean48; It would probably worth my time to get back east to see that one, but I expect you had better pack your lunch. Gene looks like look like a tough customer! :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
Yea, he looks tough as a hickory knot but I'm just plain mean! I always tell my son when he's getting full of himself, "You may be bigger than me, stronger than me & faster than me, but you'll never be mean as me!" My older brother used to whup me daily when we were kids, so I learned to take 2 or 3 just to deliver 1!
Plus Gene will be way out of his weight class!!! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandkissed