Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for G-1 buttons??

bjoy

New in Town
fedoralover said:
Does anyone know where you can get accurate G-1 pocket buttons?

thanks fedoralover

I have been looking for a button source too.

I did find two sellers on eBay who sell "older" military buttons which either were reported as being brown or looked that way in the photos. The buttons were an exact match except for color. They did look brown from a distance but they turned out to be a dark green looking up close.

I then noticed that MASH in Japan makes reproduction buttons. I ordered the "Sepia Brown" buttons (and some other stuff) and they turned out to be a good match for my 7823B, but darker than the original for my M422a and 55J14. (They do sell a "Mid Brown" color which perhaps is the right color for the older jackets.)

If you just purchase just a set of 6 buttons through PayPal, looks like you can have it shipped Airmail Small Packet for under $6.50 to the USA (if I did the currency conversion right).

Hope that helps.

Bill

Mr. Scratch

New in Town
bjoy said:
II then noticed that MASH in Japan makes reproduction buttons. I ordered the "Sepia Brown" buttons (and some other stuff) and they turned out to be a good match for my 7823B, but darker than the original for my M422a and 55J14. (They do sell a "Mid Brown" color which perhaps is the right color for the older jackets.)

Thanks for the pointer Bill. I've also been looking for replacement buttons for an AN6552. I've ordered the sepia buttons, which I hope will be right for this jacket; the buttons on other original jackets look pretty dark to my eyes. I'll pass a couple on to Fedoralover if he still needs 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot