Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for replacement liners and sweatbands for Vintage Stetons?

Craig Barron

New in Town
Stetson liners are probably available, but I doubt that you can find a Stetson stamped sweatband. The liner will also not be the same as your hat came with as they’ve changed designs.
The sweatband is in pretty good shape but the liner is glued. If it could be removed and washed then reapplied that might be the best option.

The sweatband is in pretty good shape but the liner is glued. If it could be removed and washed then reapplied that might be the best option.

Since you’re talking about a fairly new hat with no real collectors value, I’d say have the sweatband replaced with new leather. To me, on this type of hat I’d rather have the added longevity of a new and better sweatband than to have the original markings. The price difference is negligible as it’s the labor that accounts for most of the expense and the labor will be the same or more using the old sweatband. I feel the same about this type of liner; it’s not a vintage embroidered liner and a simple replacement liner is the way I’d go.

As far as a local person to send it to in Southern California...I’d vote for @Mustang Mike's Hats Good work and reasonable prices. Very nice gentleman to boot.

https://www.mustangmikeshats.com/hat-renovation-services-mustang-mik

Otherwise, I send most of my hats out by mail to have work done.

Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80