Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spats are back - and I'm horrified!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My first thought when I saw this runway show was that it was possibly taking advantage of the advertising for the the upcoming Alice in Wonderland movie with Johnny Depp?

alice_in_wonderland_johnny_depp_mad.jpg

Fedoration

New in Town
OH the horror. What is seen cannot be unseen unfortunately. And I was once so fond of my retina's. After seeing such an atrosity one would almost want to scrub ones eyes with bleach. There is a difference between quirky and looking like a three year old who may dress himself for the very first time.
I also dislike the white raincoat/trenchcoat which to me looks like a headon collission between a lab coat and a trench coat leaving no survivors and just a mangled wreck.
I am used to so much better from Z Zegna. Must have been something wrong in the Creative Director's spaghetti.

Visconde

New in Town
thunderw21 said:
Who in their right mind would want to walk up and down a runway looking like an emo clown?

Very very good-looking people who are paid a shitload of money and afterwards drink champagne with very very good-looking girls.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Visconde said:
Very very good-looking people who are paid a shitload of money and afterwards drink champagne with very very good-looking girls.
That sums it up, doesn't it?

Models usually dress quite well when not working. It's the designers who wear wacky stuff in real life.

sparks

New in Town
those dont look like spats - looks more like white socks with poorly fitted black shoes. just my 2 cents;

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Another nay-sayer?
Really?

Well, since the designer and guests have all called them spats, and since-

A) understraps are visible in some the pics, and

B) Side buttons can be seen,...

I'm gonna say the reports are accurate and say they are spats, or spatterdashes if you prefer.

No idea this was up for a vote, but what the hey, that's mine.

Better yet, go here and watch the Fashion show video for a better look - http://www.zzegna.com/?lang=en

Edward

Bartender
Visconde said:

Those are the perils of being, like, rilly, rilly good-looking?

I ish this stuff had been around back in the days when I struggled to get my first Riff Raff costume together....

If it makes decent quality spats readily available on the high street for a moment before they become abundantly available at knock down prices when fashion moves on the next week, I'll be pleased to hit those 'end of season' sales with a vengeance....

Tim in Ohio

Familiar Face
Yeah

Shangas said:
To hell with the spats! Those are the least of your concerns! The whole darn outfits and the horrific way they wear their watches and chains is more nauseating to me!

...Although...

...after seeing that photo-shoot, I can now wear my watch and chain even more proudly and claim that they're coming back into fashion...

+1 The spats were the least noticable fashion fright in those pics. The good news for me is... if that's what fashion shows say are in... it will be many years until my neck of the woods gets the memo on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner