Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Specific alterations for a HH jacket

acl1

Familiar Face
Hi guys, I've been looking at a FQHH jacket and it's short in the sleeves and length by about an inch. Is it possible to have ribbed cuffs and waist added/is there some way to lengthen these areas? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

glynb

New in Town
I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a way to lengthen sleeves and length on a HH jacket. They can be shortened, but not lengthened. Jackets can be altered fit wise by adding, or taking away leather panels a bit, but that's about it. I would hold out and get a jacket that fit better.

Hope that helps..

Peacoat

Bartender
Hi guys, I've been looking at a FQHH jacket and it's short in the sleeves and length by about an inch. Is it possible to have ribbed cuffs and waist added/is there some way to lengthen these areas? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Yes, you can have the ribbed cuffs and waist added. There was a picture tutorial posted here not long ago by maybe Fishmeok? There is a bit of a trick to it, but if you could find that thread, print it and show to your seamstress, she could probably do it. That's the only way I know of to make a jacket longer.

Gancho

One of the Regulars

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
I had luck slightly lengthening the sleeves of my FQHH Aero.
I completely soaked it by walking in the rain, then holding the cuffs with my hands while stretching and bending the arms in every possible direction.
I wore it as long as possible and then just let it dry at room temp.
YMMV.
Lenny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80