Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spitfire! (and Hurricane and Lancaster and P51 Mustang)

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
A few WWII themed photos taken by me on Sunday at the RAF Cosford air show, which celebrated the 90th birthday of the Royal Air Force (I left out the WWI and modern stuff). Enjoy!

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight:

BBMF.jpg

Avro Lancaster:

Lancaster.jpg

Scramble!

Scramble.jpg

Mk 1 Hawker Hurricane and Mk1 Supermarine Spitfire flying together for the first time since the 1950s:

HurriSpit.jpg

P51 Mustang powered by Packard Merlin engine:

P51a.jpg

P51c.jpg

P51b.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic. That must have virtually been AR213's first airshow appearance since her rebuild.

Ta muchly :eusa_clap

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
photos

Really good, great choice in monochrome too. I thought the shots of the
Mustang landing were particularly nice. Glad to see more if you have them?!?!

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
Hurricane

Tremendous shots again, I particularly like the Hurricane taxiing. I don't know what it is, but I think the Hurricane is one of the few aircraft that looks as good on the ground as it does in the air. Thanks very much for posting these!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
An air show is going on here this weekend. We've already got dozens of planes flying overhead (I'm next to the local valley airport). A small formation of warbirds has been circling the city.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Teekay44 said:
Personally, I have always favored the Hurricane. You photos are the bees knees!;)

I also have a very soft spot for the old workhorse - maybe I should change my name.
For the moment I have one of you pics as my screenbackground, Two Gun Bob. A joy every day.:eusa_clap
Hope you don't mind.

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Spitfire, I'm proud you'd choose to use one of my photos in that way.

If you'd like a higher resolution version for that purpose, I'd be glad to oblige - just let me know your screen res. and which photo.

TTFN,

TGB

Spitfire said:
I also have a very soft spot for the old workhorse - maybe I should change my name.
For the moment I have one of you pics as my screenbackground, Two Gun Bob. A joy every day.:eusa_clap
Hope you don't mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy