Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport coat and jeans??

Sport coat with jeans

• Looks good.

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • Tacky

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

Mav

A-List Customer
A sportcoat with jeans work with the right time, place, activity, and depends largely on what your date is wearing. If she's dressing up jeans, fine. If she's not, go with slacks.
Or, my usual default- khakis.

Beaubeau

New in Town
I like to wear sportcoats with jeans sometimes.

I find that dark blue-black jeans work best for looking you actually want to look sort of dressy, but if the wash gets to be a too light of a blue you look like an idiot who accidentally got lost in a Men's Wearhouse rack while drunk.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Beaubeau said:
I like to wear sportcoats with jeans sometimes.

I find that dark blue-black jeans work best for looking you actually want to look sort of dressy, but if the wash gets to be a too light of a blue you look like an idiot who accidentally got lost in a Men's Wearhouse rack while drunk.

So the jeans in my photo, too light or ok? should I go by brand new jeans so they are not fades at all?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Honda Enoch said:
So the jeans in my photo, too light or ok? should I go by brand new jeans so they are not fades at all?

Woman's point of view - don't buy new jeans! It carries the whiff of desperation. This girl must be pretty special.

Of course, my husband got married in jeans, so I am a bit partial to scruffyness.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Not a look I'd ever attempt, but if you can pull it off, more power to ya. The only way I'd ever attempt it would be with cowboy boots, and I've never bought boots.

Beaubeau

New in Town
Honda Enoch said:

They're quite a little light judging by the photograph, but you're going to the Olive Garden and then for a ramble by the riverside, so you should be fine. Unless she's the sort to not do dressing up things by halves, to be honest, I don't even think she would notice, because it's the Olive Garden not Le Restaurant Chic Coût Élevé De La Fantaisie. You're putting an effort in, and most people like that sort of thing.

Your main worry is making sure your items show what your mother gave you well, and I assume that since you're here, that is the case.;)

Derek WC

Banned
Ahh the Art of Manliness! Great internet site.

I have to say, I am a conventionalist/traditionalist so I think they look terrible with jeans, to put the most informal of clothes with the most formal of clothes just doesn't look right.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Puzzicato said:
Woman's point of view - don't buy new jeans! It carries the whiff of desperation. This girl must be pretty special.

Of course, my husband got married in jeans, so I am a bit partial to scruffyness.

More then words can describe. :)

Beaubeau said:
They're quite a little light judging by the photograph, but you're going to the Olive Garden and then for a ramble by the riverside, so you should be fine. Unless she's the sort to not do dressing up things by halves, to be honest, I don't even think she would notice, because it's the Olive Garden not Le Restaurant Chic Coût Élevé De La Fantaisie. You're putting an effort in, and most people like that sort of thing.

Your main worry is making sure your items show what your mother gave you well, and I assume that since you're here, that is the case.;)

Well, if your saying, what I think your saying, I'm not worried about that. I would not dishonor this woman by having sex with her on our first date, or even trying to tempt her like such. I just want to take her to a nice place to eat and spend a quiet evening walking along the river side an talking. she and I hang out a lot so this is not our first meeting, but we NEVER get alone time. So this will be the first time for that.

Derek WC said:
Ahh the Art of Manliness! Great internet site.

I have to say, I am a conventionalist/traditionalist so I think they look terrible with jeans, to put the most informal of clothes with the most formal of clothes just doesn't look right.

A sport coat??? I don't know if I would call that the most formal of clothes.

"A sport jacket is more casual than a suit or even a blazer jacket..."

Beaubeau

New in Town
Honda Enoch said:
Well, if your saying, what I think your saying, I'm not worried about that. I would not dishonor this woman by having sex with her on our first date, or even trying to tempt her like such. I just want to take her to a nice place to eat and spend a quiet evening walking along the river side an talking. she and I hang out a lot so this is not our first meeting, but we NEVER get alone time. So this will be the first time for that.

Oh no.

What I'm trying to say is, in my experience, women are always sad to see a charming, good looking fellow leave -even with a promise of a future date, but always happy to watch him go, if you're getting what I'm hinting at. ;)

Attractive clever company is always the best company and women are more visual creatures than social mores give them credit for, in other words.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Beaubeau said:
Oh no.

What I'm trying to say is, in my experience, women are always sad to see a charming, good looking fellow leave -even with a promise of a future date, but always happy to watch him go, if you're getting what I'm hinting at. ;)

Attractive clever company is always the best company and women are more visual creatures than social mores give them credit for, in other words.

Gotcha My mistake sorry. :)

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Vintage lover said:
How about a nice pair of slacks and a button up shirt with neatly rolled up sleeves? If no slacks, try the above but with the jeans and black shoes.

I really like this look. I am sure I am not the only woman who finds the hands and forearms a very attractive part of a man. The button-up shirt looks dressy, having the sleeves rolled to the middle of the forearm makes it look effortless.

Mav

A-List Customer
Honda Enoch said:
she and I hang out a lot so this is not our first meeting, but we NEVER get alone time. So this will be the first time for that.
Careful there, buddy. Relationships that start off like that often end in happy marriages.:)

Derek WC

Banned
Honda Enoch said:
A sport coat??? I don't know if I would call that the most formal of clothes.

"A sport jacket is more casual than a suit or even a blazer jacket..."

My apologies, I can be confusing sometimes.
What I meant was that I don't think jeans should be put with any type of formal clothes, and sport jackets are a lot more formal than jeans.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
BanjoMerlin said:
As long as she isn't going to wonder why you are wearing a coat in the summer...

Well, we're going to Chattanooga, and the walk along the river side can get windy at times.

Mav said:
Careful there, buddy. Relationships that start off like that often end in happy marriages.:)

I hope so.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Honda Enoch said:
Ah, another old fashioned gentleman. I think I can safely say that you are in good company here. Where I live, women tend to recognize a rare trait such as that.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Vintage lover said:
Ah, another old fashioned gentleman. I think I can safely say that you are in good company here. Where I live, women tend to recognize a rare trait such as that.

Thank You. :)

Mav

A-List Customer
Honda Enoch said:
I hope so.
Excellent. If it works out, you'll be recounting that night to your grandkids. My wife and I hooked up under very similar circumstances. Best o' luck to you and your chosen lady.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
Hi,

Throwing on a sportscoat with a button down shirt or polo sweater, plus jeans and some sort of casual shoes will do fine for the type of plan you have in mind. ...

Hi Torps

You're mentioning one of my pet peeves. :eek: Our management wears suits with Shirt or Polo shirt with their suits. I've worn a sport coat (especially tweed) with jeans and boots with a dress shirt. I'd NEVER wear a sport coat with a polo shirt. The whole concept gags me for some strange reason. *yucky*

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana