Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Squatter vs. Bushman

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
Here's an example of a non-western one worn by the man in my avatar later in his life. More military style, but definitely not a lower crown. You're going to need some crown to work with, or the dents will sit right on your head. I'd still say Campdraft, but you might have trouble with any bound brim if you're looking for the super flat look. Frank.
hkbuniform.jpg

You might be onto something. I want to do the crown bash similar to the one in the photo, but with a pencil curl brim. I already have a glen grey campdraft, so I may experiment with that this weekend.

Thanks,

Harry.

EggHead

Practically Family
Thats the dimension creased as shown in the Aussie Telescope crease. Seems that is a popular style in Oz. It is sold as an Open Crown hat as gtdean says and is taller that way. The DM Squatters are made with slightly different specs than the ones sold in Oz. All of mine are from DM and have 5 1/4" Open Crowns, liners, made in the same Imperial grade felt as my Bushman ( which has a 5 1/2" open crown ), and has chinstrap hooks attached inside the sweatband and does not have as much taper to the block as I've seen on the ones from Oz.

This is good to know. So EverythingAustralian CD has a taller crown then DM. Looks like I will need to wait 3 1/2 months, if I want a taller crown!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What? No. DavidMorgan's Squatter has the same crown height (5.25'') as the Oz one. The Campdraft is not offered by DM, but it always has a 5.5" crown. The Bushman has the same crown height as the Campdraft.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
DM CAN'T offer the CD, it is an Oz ONLY model . And it's brim is shorter than the Squatter, ( Oz or DM model), or Bushman. You can get a Bushman in 3/4 days from DM. It is EXCLUSIVE to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo