Squeakage!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Worf, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Todd M.

Todd M. One of the Regulars

Try wearing a Langlitz cowhide jacket in a movie theater eating popcorn, and see how many times you get shushed. The mother of all squeaky leather jackets LOL!

Benny Holiday, dannyk and Worf like this.
  2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

you mean obenauff?

Worf likes this.
  3. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

I tried Obenauf's on a squeaky jacket. Worked for about a month then the squeaks returned. In this case I am pretty sure it is the pigment topcoat that is squeaking. Stitching plays no role. I flexed the arm in the elbow - squeaks came from the topcoat rubbing against itself. May be different with other jackets.

Worf likes this.
  4. Hobbes1

Hobbes1 One of the Regulars

Does the squeaking ever go away on its own? Short of wearing the topcoat off?

Worf likes this.
  5. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Yes, Obenauff. Thank you.

dannyk and Worf like this.
  6. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Sorry for the late reply folks. Family duties. Thanks for all the theories, recommendations and insights. I've some lexol and will give that a try. Just a few points of clarification.

1. I DON'T squeak. I'm old so I snap, crackle and pop like a bowl of rice crispies but I do NOT squeak. I also grunt and groan... a lot.

2. My dad used to use WD 40 on his arthritic joints (and anything else he thought would work) but I'm scared to use that on the GW as it's light colored and I don't want to stain it.

3. Also, until real Jacket/Shearling weather starts I mostly hang out in the Film Forums. I visit here daily but generally leave more posts over there. They get my warped sense of humor down in film world. Also I've been getting sucked into the world of books again which is a good thing.

Worf

Peacoat, Benny Holiday, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  7. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Thanks man, best laugh I had all day. However in that I've found no chew marks or (ahem) droppings... I've ruled out the meesus for now.

Worf

Benny Holiday and dannyk like this.
  8. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

my jacket made the loudest squeak one time when I moved on my seat against pleather cinema seat when watching "The Nun", sounded like Ross's leather pants:confused: hijab wearing woman sitting 2 seats from me cover her nose with the hanging cloth on her head thinking I farted... I want to say something... but decided, I just moved again to make more squeaks to explain the situation better.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    JMax, Worf, roadking04 and 1 other person like this.