Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Star Wars" Episode VII Cast announced/revealed

Haha, this Star-Wars-thing...

Star-Wars > same old kiddie-stuff
Star-Trek/Stargate > teenagers-stuff
"Alien"-(Series) > first and real adult-Science-Fiction for ever!

That's it. :D

Han-Solo?? Oh man!

RICK DECKARD! :D

Sorry to disturb. ;)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I've read quite a few spoilers about this film and I'm thinking I'll wait until the library gets in on DVD. It sounds to me like Abrams doing another Wrath of Khan warmup of leftovers sort of thing.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just thought of something! For those of us old enough to have watched the original Star Wars on the big screen in 1977. Will there ever be a scene that tops the opening, with the little space craft flying over, then the big one filling the entire screen?

I just thought of something! For those of us old enough to have watched the original Star Wars on the big screen in 1977. Will there ever be a scene that tops the opening, with the little space craft flying over, then the big one filling the entire screen?

It's really ok! But I'm just a Nostromo-guy. Nostromo, lightened from outside. ;) ;) ;)

Loved it, very good. Don't take things too seriously fellas, it's still just a movie even to a slobbering fan like myself. So un-pucker those butts and go see it, or wait til it's on video and save yourself the 6 bucks, or wait til it falls in your lap, but see it. I took my family out for some Thai food, the movie, and dessert after for 70 bucks and it was worth every penny. If I were to overthink the whole thing.......well lets just say I prefer to remain young at heart as long as possible.:)

There's a brief and somewhat similar scene in The Force Awakens that was pretty impressive, but I've yet to see anything in any movie since 1977 that had the visual impact of that Star Destroyer flyover.

That being said, it was definitely one of those "You had to be there!" moments in cinema history; younger theatergoers would probably point to any number of CGI laden movies and say they were more impressive.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Disney, after having bought Lucas films (for a mere 4 & a half billion dollars) will be making at least 3 other Star War sagas plus at least 3 other sub sagas to explain what you didn't know in the sagas & they will also be making the next Indiana Jones .

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
That being said, it was definitely one of those "You had to be there!" moments in cinema history; younger theatergoers would probably point to any number of CGI laden movies and say they were more impressive.

The scene in 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' when the mother ship rose above the mountain near the end of the film, was another great movie theater moment.................the bass on the sound system was so strong that you could feel your tooth fillings rattle.:D

Edward

Bartender
I saw The Force Awakens last night. I liked it, but I'll need to see it at least a few more times before I can decide where to rank it compared to the other six movies. I think most fans will be pleased.

You mean before you can rank whether it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th out of the seven? Not even Disney could make as bad an over-merchandised kiddy flick as George Lucas' last three efforts.

I've read quite a few spoilers about this film and I'm thinking I'll wait until the library gets in on DVD. It sounds to me like Abrams doing another Wrath of Khan warmup of leftovers sort of thing.

Pretty much soundsl ike it, but it makes sense - they needed to bring back the fanbase alienated by Lucas with the prequels, that makes sense as a way of doing it.

Disney, after having bought Lucas films (for a mere 4 & a half billion dollars) will be making at least 3 other Star War sagas plus at least 3 other sub sagas to explain what you didn't know in the sagas & they will also be making the next Indiana Jones .

I don't really care what they do with Star Wars, but I hope any attempt to make new Indy films ends up trapped in development hell forever!

If they could get a halfway credible imitation of a younger Harrosin Ford, I think Indy's 1939-1956 adventures swould make a cracking TV series. But there's no other Indy than Ford.

Here, the older say (with a smiling), in Germany Star-Wars was mainly used, just to intoduce Cinema-Surround-Sound.
Here, in the US, the older usually say something negative most of the time about most things new to them as well. So the young will usually just chock it up to them being "old" Of course, I say this with a smile as I can remember myself as a young boy :)

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I don't really care what they do with Star Wars, but I hope any attempt to make new Indy films ends up trapped in development hell forever!

If they could get a halfway credible imitation of a younger Harrosin Ford, I think Indy's 1939-1956 adventures swould make a cracking TV series. But there's no other Indy than Ford.

I have to agree, Indy is Ford or Ford is Indy, there can be no other, at least for those around at the time of the originals. I have heard rumours that Ford will be playing the father figure, like Sean Connery's role in 'The Last Crusade' I hope it isn't true as unfortunately, the old Ford lacks the mischievous charm of connery.

hbenthow

Familiar Face
If they could get a halfway credible imitation of a younger Harrison Ford, I think Indy's 1939-1956 adventures would make a cracking TV series.
There's an actor named Anthony Ingruber who bears a striking resemblance to a young Harrison Ford. A lot of fans want him to be the actor who lands the title role in the upcoming Han Solo spinoff movie. He has already played the younger version of Harrison Ford's character in "Age of Adaline".

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Yeah that guy has been on youtube quite a while now, his 'Bane ' is excellent.
I'm not sure a lookalike or impersonator of Ford would work as a new Indy, it would just be a copy or rehash of what has been. If a new Indy film is made I think it will have to take a different direction with a different actor, who hopefully, would make the role his own & a different time setting. The 30's to the 50's has been done, time to move on.

The scene in 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' when the mother ship rose above the mountain near the end of the film, was another great movie theater moment.................the bass on the sound system was so strong that you could feel your tooth fillings rattle.:D
That's actually not a bad comparison. When I saw Close Encounters the first time the theater didn't have such a good sound system, so my experience wasn't as impressive as yours apparently was.

However, the first time I saw Die Hard (1988) the theater's sound system was extremely capable, and when McClane drops the C4 down the elevator shaft and the explosion takes out the entire floor the sound was so convincing that some audience members actually looked around and above them to see if they were going to get hit by flying debris. :p

You mean before you can rank whether it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th out of the seven? Not even Disney could make as bad an over-merchandised kiddy flick as George Lucas' last three efforts...
Pretty much, yeah. I didn't dislike the Prequel Trilogy movies as much as many fans did, but I do think The Force Awakens is better than those movies. The real issue for me is whether I like it more or less than Return of the Jedi; I think it's a good movie, but it does have some flaws.

...I'm not sure a lookalike or impersonator of Ford would work as a new Indy, it would just be a copy or rehash of what has been. If a new Indy film is made I think it will have to take a different direction with a different actor, who hopefully, would make the role his own & a different time setting. The 30's to the 50's has been done, time to move on.
If they're going to reboot the franchise with a different actor (which seems unavoidable at this point), I would much rather they cast an actor who can capture the feel of the character rather than someone who's going to do a pale "Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones" imitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21